Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing my leaving cert again

• 18-12-2012 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some advice here please, I done my leaving cert about 3 years ago. My school decided that I would be better off doing Leaving cert applied, I quickly lost intrest with the course and just didnt try whatsoever. Anyway I was just looking at my results and couldnt find Irish on the results page, Is it possible that Irish wasnt part of LCA? I actually can't remember if I did it or not?

I strongly hated school all through my childhood but I might attempt to repeat it and do the normal leaving cert, Anyone got any advide for me?

btw i'm 21 in march just thought i'd mention it lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Carzony, you may find that people on this forum have more experience / advice to offer you than in the main LC forum, where they're mostly 17/18.

Best of luck with it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You would have done Irish one year of the LCA and another European language the other.
    Perhaps you never completed the key assignments or examination?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

I did my Leaving Cert in 2004 and went to uni from 04-08. I am repeating my LC in a grind school this year partly because I like structure and when left to my own devices I do nothing! I have done nothing since uni educationally wise so I may as well be back at the start again.

I would recommend if you do want to repeat, pick what subjects you want to do and maybe go back to your old school and see if you can get notes. Just read up on some stuff to jog the memory and when it comes to Sept next year you wont feel left out. I decided a week before the term to go to this school so I had no reading up but my degree was in chemistry so I wasn't too worried.

I would also advice you to see your strengths and weaknesses and see what new subjects you could possibly take up and do well in. Geography, business studies, ag science etc.

Good luck!

Advertisement