Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound not right with ssd

Options
  • 18-12-2012 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

I have something problem with my m4 128gb in my laptop dv6-3150sa,

is that something wrong with it ( below ),

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

What is the problem, is it the sequential read/write speeds?

Not sure if that laptop supports SATA III, because if it is SATA II only then those numbers look broadly around the figures I would expect to see. The SSD will only benchmark close to its maximum rated speeds when connected to a SATA3 machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bms15450

marco_polo wrote: »
    What is the problem, is it the sequential read/write speeds?

Not sure if that laptop supports SATA III, because if it is SATA II only then those numbers look broadly around the figures I would expect to see. The SSD will only benchmark close to its maximum rated speeds when connected to a SATA3 machine.

it look like very low, should be around 500 speeds.

i just wonder can i change from sata II to sata III?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bms15450 wrote: »
    it look like very low, should be around 500 speeds.

i just wonder can i change from sata II to sata III?

If your chipset is SATA II then that will be a bottleneck, you can't just install a piece of software to upgrade it, bit like comparing USB 2.0 to 3.0, totally different chipsets, that are backwards compatible

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

is your os set to be optimised for ssd?

http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-2/

there is a guide on how to optimise your ssd settings in windows

Advertisement