Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Commentators

• 18-12-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

What does everyone think of the sky commentators this year? Used to be a running joke about how they used to go on about "this is the biggest shot of the night" but now the shots seem to be saving careers..

At one stage during Anderson's match they said he wouldnt have heard of his opponent until the draw was made when he said in the pre match interview that he knew him years. The Finnish lad was doing the best of the qualifiers which was a bit of an insult to Gurney.

Last night after a couple of legs they had Caven nailed on a winner.Reminded me of last year when after 2 legs Barney was "back" and a potential winner before he got beaten 3-0.

I'm all for bigging up the game but I think it is all going a bit far now and could put people off watching. How many "best first round match ever" can there be?? Think they need to get Bristow commentating more often.

Apart from that really enjoying the darts, haha.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Niall_76 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the sky commentators this year? Used to be a running joke about how they used to go on about "this is the biggest shot of the night" but now the shots seem to be saving careers..

At one stage during Anderson's match they said he wouldnt have heard of his opponent until the draw was made when he said in the pre match interview that he knew him years. The Finnish lad was doing the best of the qualifiers which was a bit of an insult to Gurney.

Last night after a couple of legs they had Caven nailed on a winner.Reminded me of last year when after 2 legs Barney was "back" and a potential winner before he got beaten 3-0.

I'm all for bigging up the game but I think it is all going a bit far now and could put people off watching. How many "best first round match ever" can there be?? Think they need to get Bristow commentating more often.

Apart from that really enjoying the darts, haha.

It really is terrible but I guess they have to do something to build the excitement. It's called the "Sky Syndrome".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Pyke is an absolute and utter tosser. The crap he comes out with, screaming down the mic if a player misses a double, or god forbid, "He has misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed da BIG NUMBER"

They are calling the winner of the game after 6 or 9 darts

Without doubt thou, Pyke is a grade A clown

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

"Pure Darting Drama"

Thats another one of his classics!!

Im not the biggest Nigel "speedway" Pearson either, during the PL he came out with something like "ITS FAST...ITS FURIOUS.....ITS THE PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS ON SKY SPORTS" Such tripe!!

Agree about Bristow, needs to be on more and needs to speak up too haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

The commentators/pundits or whatever they are called make no difference to me. Whether or not someone in particular is talking will not make or break a game for me...I'm watching the action rather than listening to them.

Bristow cant string a sentence together which is why they only seem to let him on during pre lims.

I like John Glynn(sp?), he seems to genuinely love the game. Comes out with some good aul yarns about players hes been chatting to at tournaments & exibitions and easy enough to listen to.

Pyke is terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement