Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Thread - I want! I want! I want!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Purslow doesn't seem to realise Ukraine and Russia are two different countries.

Mr deadline day
    QPR boss Harry Redknapp speaking to Sky Sports News about further transfer activity at Loftus Road today: "We're looking. I don't know if anything will happen. There are one or two bits and pieces

Then a change of heart,doing what he does best - talking about players from other clubs.
    But QPR boss Harry Redknapp reckons Peter Crouch will not be arriving at Loftus Road. He tells Sky Sports News: "I don't think Peter Crouch will happen. Tony [Pulis] wants to keep him at Stoke. I would like to bring back here to QPR."

108121633_football_305708c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Willian to move from Shaktar Donetsk to Anzhi for £34 million.:eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoQhgDZ2bPXd4EpUsfhqIeXyXexCzJv4BgiEc70G1dwwgVgXe3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Redknapp let's Faurlin go on loan and is going to replace him with Bentley ?? Well this is amusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I hope QPR go down.

Tony Fernandes is a multi-millionaire so is obviously a smart man. But anyone giving flash 'arry free reign with their money to buy whoever he wants for whatever they cost and offer them insane wages needs their head examined

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

retalivity wrote: »
    I hope QPR go down.

Tony Fernandes is a multi-millionaire so is obviously a smart man. But anyone giving flash 'arry free reign with their money to buy whoever he wants for whatever they cost and offer them insane wages needs their head examined

Tony Fernandes isn't the only owner of QPR.
    The Mittal family have a share of the club too and they are one of the richest families in the world.
    They have more wealth than Roman Abramovich.

I don't see any reasons in your post to want QPR to go down besides sour grapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

amiable wrote: »
    Tony Fernandes isn't the only owner of QPR.
    The Mittal family have a share of the club too and they are one of the richest families in the world.
    They have more wealth than Roman Abramovich.

I don't see any reasons in your post to want QPR to go down besides sour grapes.

And hopefully to suggest that Money doesn't always buy you success in football.
    Oh, and a raft of cheap players for other clubs when they need to shift em on.
    Oh oh, and FFP. Ain't Loftus Road a small stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Doodee wrote: »
    And hopefully to suggest that Money doesn't always buy you success in football.
    Oh, and a raft of cheap players for other clubs when they need to shift em on.
    Oh oh, and FFP. Ain't Loftus Road a small stadium?

FFP only affects clubs in Europe.

amiable wrote: »

Not really sour grapes.
    More disbelief that chairmen still continue to throw money at redknapp to make crazy signings after he relegated southampton & practically destroyed portsmouth.

Tottenham were lucky that Levy kept some sort of rein over him while he was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My god Ian Dowie is a clown , Christopher Samba good enough to play for a top four club !
    You think that makes him a clown? Samba is capable of playing with the best teams imo. And I've seen him play quite a bit.

Not really sour grapes.
    More disbelief that chairmen still continue to throw money at redknapp to make crazy signings after he relegated southampton & practically destroyed portsmouth.

Tottenham were lucky that Levy kept some sort of rein over him while he was there.
    Fernandes was throwing money around long before Redknapp got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

eagle eye wrote: »
    You think that makes him a clown? Samba is capable of playing with the best teams imo. And I've seen him play quite a bit.

I have his autograph and he looked at me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Not really sour grapes.

I agree with you. This whole 'Harry Redknapp is a great manager' annoys me

He's done nothing unless he's had copious amounts of money to fire at players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Not really sour grapes.

I agree with you. This whole 'Harry Redknapp is a great manager' annoys me

He's done nothing unless he's had copious amounts of money to fire at players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I hope QPR go down.

It was Fernandes that did the Samba deal. Samba was just on Redknapps wishlist along with Ronaldo, Messi and Crouch. Harry doesnt agree the fees or wages and if QPR are ever in financial strife, Mark Hughes and his relationship with ropey agents is to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It is cool to have a man crush on David Beckham right? Sacre Bleu, he's such a cool man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Beckham's salary going to a kids charity in Paris,did he tell posh about this decision :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Beckham's salary going to a kids charity in Paris,did he tell posh about this decision

Really? Fair play to him...

Really? Fair play to him...

Just seen him on SSN confirming it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Anzhi paid big money to bring Samba to them, and QPR paid big money to bring him to them. Samba is obviously a very good player, don't know how having an opinion that some player could play for a big team makes them a clown, when you see the likes of gary cahill up there(not that he's a bad player just i wouldn't really see the difference between him and samba)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Beckham's salary going to a kids charity in Paris,did he tell posh about this decision :)

She's the PR guru behind brand Beckham so i'm sure she knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good man Becks he dont need the bucks anyways fair play to him, I wonder can he speak French :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

It is cool to have a man crush on David Beckham right? Sacre Bleu, he's such a cool man.

Think we all would like to be Becks if we're honest. Known Belieber as well :D

What time is Jim White on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The QPR thing really is mental. You'd be ****ed off if you were a fan of a well run club like WBA and one of your players wants to leave for a club 11 positions behind you, who spent years in the lower divisions, are relegation certs this year and all because in bizzaro land, they have more money. Crazy situation.

The QPR thing really is mental. You'd be ****ed off if you were a fan of a well run club like WBA and one of your players wants to leave for a club 11 positions behind you, who spent years in the lower divisions, are relegation certs this year and all because in bizzaro land, they have more money. Crazy situation.
    How on earth do you make out they are relegation certs? Their last four games were against Chelsea away which they won, Tottenham at home which they drew, West Ham away which they drew and Man City at home which they drew. That certainly is not the form of a 'relegation cert'. Add Samba and Remy and probably another shocker before the day is out and you have a very good squad with a very good manager who only need to gain 5 points on the teams just above them to make sure they don't get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Think we all would like to be Becks if we're honest. Known Belieber as well :D

What's a belieber? :confused:

eagle eye wrote: »
    How on earth do you make out they are relegation certs? Their last four games were against Chelsea away which they won, Tottenham at home which they drew, West Ham away which they drew and Man City at home which they drew. That certainly is not the form of a 'relegation cert'. Add Samba and Remy and probably another shocker before the day is out and you have a very good squad with a very good manager who only need to gain 5 points on the teams just above them to make sure they don't get relegated.

You make a fair point if we only consider their recent form. But they are currently bottom of the league and liable to implode at any stage due to some of the personalities they have there. They already had a load of good players on their books who had previously done well at clubs well above the relegation zone and were still struggling.

The likes of Cesar, Park, Granero, Faurlin, Zamora, Taarabt, Onuoha, Traore and Hoillett are proven Premier League class and the team didn't click. It's rare that you make so many signings in a short space of time and they manage to gel into a cohesive unit. You can add in Remy and Samba now, good signings no doubt, but it may take time for those guys to bed in too.

They are still 4 points behind being safe on goal difference, 5 behind daylight between them and the rest and 7 behind 16th. For me, they are still relegation certs. If they stay up with 16 points after 24 games, even with their recent signings, it will be a massive achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd have to ban myself if I answered that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A play on another word that starts with b and ends in end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Good man Becks he dont need the bucks anyways fair play to him, I wonder can he speak French :p

His English isn't the best so I doubt it :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

CB was definitely QPR's biggest need. They did overpay for Samba, but Fernandes ain't gonna care if they stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Transfer gimp giving his report on SSN now. He only works two days a year, but what a two days.

Transfer gimp giving his report on SSN now. He only works two days a year, but what a two days.

He does the Ireland games as well,he does be trying to interview Trap ,tough job

• Advertisement

CB was definitely QPR's biggest need. They did overpay for Samba, but Fernandes ain't gonna care if they stay up.

They haven't actually conceded much, relative to those around them. Their problem has been scoring goals. They only have 18 so far this year, even fewer than Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd have to ban myself if I answered that.

Yeah, just googled it. EdenHazard: I don't care. Doubt anyone else does either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Busy two days for Milan, as well as Balotelli we've signed Brescia centre back Bartosz Salamon for €3.5million.

6'4" Polish defender who's looked great for Brescia this season, hopefully he can help out with out centre back problems :)

Where are the cheeky kids that gather around the reporters on Deadline Day,its on Deadline day without them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks like Arsenal could be signing Nacho Monreal of Malaga seems to be gathering a lot of pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone know what time Jim White starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Jim White starts?

8 p.m

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

They haven't actually conceded much, relative to those around them. Their problem has been scoring goals. They only have 18 so far this year, even fewer than Villa.

I mean since they've already signed Remy to address that. With Nelson and Ferdinand going, CB was priority number 1.

Where are the cheeky kids that gather around the reporters on Deadline Day,its on Deadline day without them

Doing their homework I'd say

whispers of a citeh bid for benteke, according to the guardian...

whispers of a citeh bid for benteke, according to the guardian...

They signed a striker already today although he is staying in Norway for the rest of the season.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They signed a striker already today although he is staying in Norway for the rest of the season.

Who?

Also, where is giudetti (sp)? the guy who was ripping it up in the dutch league last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

here's the Stoke man rolling a fag from Aug 2011 more entertaining than the cheeky kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sUgvb3tPmTY

Who?

Also, where is giudetti (sp)? the guy who was ripping it up in the dutch league last year?

Godsway (:pac:) Donyoh. It's Sweden he'll be on loan at. Not Norway.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ghanaian-striker-godsway-donyoh-joins-manchester-city-8475812.html

Guidetti got a serious virus and lost use of one of his legs for a while. Lucky to have a leg never mind make a comeback in football. He is building up the strength in his leg again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

There's absolutely nothing going on today is there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement