Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Thread - I want! I want! I want!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Rekop dog wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing going on today is there?

Deadline days are generally like this for the most part, all the Sky hype is for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

West brom want hoilett as part of the odemwingie deal with qpr, what an awful move for hoilett it ws going to qpr when he had a choice of clubs to go to. Then again if he isint playing so much maybe hes not all that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Arsenal fans will be rushing out for a Tex Mex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Deadline days are generally like this for the most part, all the Sky hype is for nothing.

Well two years ago Carroll signed for Liverpool and Torres went to Chelsea so you never know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Chris Samba has cost 25m in transfer fees in half a season along with his 100k a week wage :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Harry is only man that can pull off a shock,doubt there will be any this late.

Nearly time for Natalie

nataliesawyernataliesaw.jpg

Lol Jenas locked out of Loftus Road :)

Nearly time for Natalie

They should sack Jim White

I would prefer Natalie Sawyer , Georgie Thompson , Charlotte Jackson , Kirtsy Gallagher , Hayley McQueen and Sarah Jane-Mee . With some kissing and other activities every half hour it would make for exciting watching then .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I would prefer Natalie Sawyer , Georgie Thompson , Charlotte Jackson , Kirtsy Gallagher , Hayley McQueen and Sarah Jane-Mee . With some kissing and other activities every half hour it would make for exciting watching then .

And some rain...

...and feathers...

...a game of limbo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

In Bikinis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Tool time now.

Jesus. A seriously bright yellow theme going on. Don't know if i can watch that for the next few hours!

Breaking news : Newcastle have had a bid for the Eiffel Tower rejected

Jesus. A seriously bright yellow theme going on. Don't know if i can watch that for the next few hours!

Reminded me of this:-

image002_187.jpg

A crazy situation at Loftus Road according to Jim

• Advertisement

A crazy situation at Loftus Road according to Jim

...and he's off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Crazy Odemwingie

Odemwinigie trying to pull off the move to QPR without West Brom's permission,a gas man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Breaking news : Newcastle have had a bid for the Eiffel Tower rejected
    :)

They did however complete the signing of s swiss kid called mbabu, CB

Loftus road is like a social welfare office tonight :) pile of fellas signing on

• Advertisement

The Odemwingie thing is a bit mad isn't it. Talking to Sky, referring to QPR as "we" already! Hope WBA make a right tit of him and veto the deal.

Odemwingie must have had a few too many cans of Guinness today

Look as if a load of kids from Chernobly decided to go a trip to Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sky Sports reporting Arsenal have signed Nacho Monreal from Malaga. Rumoured to be £10 million.

David Beckham isn't the first footballer to give his salary away

Miachel Chopra gave his to ladbrokes

Wonder how long before we see Jim on his phone?

DenMan wrote: »
    Sky Sports reporting Arsenal have signed Nacho Monreal from Malaga. Rumoured to be £10 million.

10 million euro i think.

WBA have contacted their lawyers, potentially looking to report QPR for tapping up Odemwingie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

The Odemwingie thing is a bit mad isn't it. Talking to Sky, referring to QPR as "we" already! Hope WBA make a right tit of him and veto the deal.
    It's kind of similar to Clint Dempseys move to Spurs in the Summer. Made a tit out of him but he still got his move:mad:

"Transfers" like the odemwingi saga are diguisting, there is one reason only he is acting lke the pratt he is ... Money!!

I know there is little or no loyalty left in the game, but going cap in hand to a 'poorer' quality team than the one u are at whilst still contracted to ur club takes the biscuit.

RvP showed no loyalty but he bettered himself, Carroll (even tho i was fit to kill him at the time) bettered himself and the club couldnt turn down stupid cash.

the young keeper from birmingham not talking to chelsea (he wantd game time)and going to stoke instead - thats a footballing descision!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

LOL where are all the young hooligans in Norwich?

Reports that Diame's clause has been met, and that Norwich have made a 9.2 million offer for Hooper. Some drama still to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I always feel sorry for the poor Sky reporter who gets stuck having to deal with the inbreds at Stoke. They must cast lots for it at Sky HQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Look as if a load of kids from Chernobly decided to go a trip to Stoke.

BB9me3fCEAEkos2.jpg:large

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    "Transfers" like the odemwingi saga are diguisting, there is one reason only he is acting lke the pratt he is ... Money!!

I know there is little or no loyalty left in the game, but going cap in hand to a 'poorer' quality team than the one u are at whilst still contracted to ur club takes the biscuit.

RvP showed no loyalty but he bettered himself, Carroll (even tho i was fit to kill him at the time) bettered himself and the club couldnt turn down stupid cash.

the young keeper from birmingham not talking to chelsea (he wantd game time)and going to stoke instead - thats a footballing descision!

I don't like the way he's gone about it but I can see why he's doing it and anyone else would be the same. He'll be 32 in the summer and this is great chance to make a huge amount money just before he retires. He'd be crazy to turn it down.

I don't like the way he's gone about it but I can see why he's doing it and anyone else would be the same. He'll be 32 in the summer and this is great chance to make a huge amount money just before he retires. He'd be crazy to turn it down.

But there nothing for him to turn down, clubs havent agreed a fee as it stands

So him doing what he's doing at 32 is 'ok', what if walcott had put himself on a train and went negotiating with liverpool without clubs agreeing a few just because he wanted more minutes or didnt like the package arsenal were offering?

But there nothing for him to turn down, clubs havent agreed a fee as it stands

So him doing what he's doing at 32 is 'ok', what if walcott had put himself on a train and went negotiating with liverpool without clubs agreeing a few just because he wanted more minutes or didnt like the package arsenal were offering?

I never said it was ok. I said I can see why he did it. I mean I don't think it's that shocking that he leave for a team 11 places below when it means a big jump in money.

I never said it was ok. I said I can see why he did it. I mean I don't think it's that shocking that he leave for a team 11 places below when it means a big jump in money.
    Sorry, took the 'i can see why' to be that you found it normal/ok

Nani spotted outside goodison

294992_10151250670288519_125720186_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

They should devise a way to get breaking news to roll across jim whytes tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

God what are you talking about, you haven't a clue, he refused to sign a new deal brcause Arsenal are ****e and were not going to win anything, how is that no loyalty?

Nani spotted outside goodison

294992_10151250670288519_125720186_n.jpg

wrg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Two Hours :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    God what are you talking about, you haven't a clue, he refused to sign a new deal brcause Arsenal are ****e and were not going to win anything, how is that no loyalty?

Because Arsenal stood by him for 8 years when he had injury after injury. He got one season injury free and he hotfooted it out of there. That's how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What we need is just 1 major story here.

Boring enough day really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Odemwingie is a maverick. He plays by his own rules. I respect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Charlie mulgrew has tweeted "best of luck mate" to Gary Hooper ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

With the prospect of playing Juventus in the CL, I'd be utterly surprised if Hooper went to Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Brek Shea to Stoke, promising, wonder how he'll do. Its so weird the way he's a winger but he's so tall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Brek Shea to Stoke, promising, wonder how he'll do. Its so weird the way he's a winger but he's so tall

Well at least he'll be used to hearing "go long, Brek!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement