Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a tablet with HDMI out?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had settled on the Google Nexus 7", but now I see it doesn't have HDMI out. So now I'm kind of back to square one ...

Can anyone recommend a 7" tablet with HDMI out for 200 or less?

Is parental control dependent on the model? That would be good to have too ...

Thanks a million.
    /M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Thanks for that.

Just wondering would anybody care to offer an opinion on this one, from electrodirect.ie ... comes with 24-month warranty:

http://www.overmax.pl/en/products,p8/tablets,c14/ov-connect,c776/

Thanks!
    /M.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Can't see a price if it's about €50 then it's Ok but anymore pick something else

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A8 is pretty dated, I bought a tablet of that spec for €90 around 18 months ago. It'll work, but imo it would be a bad choice as it'll become too slow to use very quickly.

There's a reason why people like the ipad, it works really well, but you pay for that. Same goes for android, you just don't get ripped off. You probably wouldn't buy a car for 2k, in the same sense don't buy a tablet that's less than 150(not to say that anything over that price is good).

Think some of the iconia tabs have hdmi, go for one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

ED E wrote: »
    A8 is pretty dated, I bought a tablet of that spec for €90 around 18 months ago. It'll work, but imo it would be a bad choice as it'll become too slow to use very quickly.
    +1 to all, have used the Overmax with the A8, fine for all the basics but well dated at this stage, good build Tablet though.

Another new chip coming in the next couple of months, Tegra 4 with integrated 3g/LTE, 6x visual power from the Teg 3 in the nexus 7 apparently.
    displays of up to 2,560 x 1600, with 1080p output at 120Hz, USB3, DDR3 Memory
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/18/nvidia-tegra-4-processor-leak-4-plus-1-quad-core-28nm/
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/display/20121114223730_Nvidia_Working_on_Two_New_Tegra_Chips_Wayne_and_Grey.html

A8 not worth considering at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Tango One wrote: »
    I started that thread and ended up buying the Ainol Flame. This is my first time using Android - I have always used laptops and netbooks. I am well pleased with the Flame - in fact I am using it for this post. The browser sometimes hangs and needs a forced shut down and restart, but that could be just me doing something stupid. But I love it. Great screen, and very fast. Very goodprice too, so I hope it lasts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

vienne86 wrote: »
    I started that thread and ended up buying the Ainol Flame. This is my first time using Android - I have always used laptops and netbooks. I am well pleased with the Flame - in fact I am using it for this post. The browser sometimes hangs and needs a forced shut down and restart, but that could be just me doing something stupid. But I love it. Great screen, and very fast. Very goodprice too, so I hope it lasts!!

Well, it is still going great. Originally, I was interested in the Acer Iconia A range, but couldn't find a supplier. Now I see they are in the new Argos catalogue, in case anyone is interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement