Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticketmaster App

• 18-12-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭

Was just looking at the new Ticketmaster app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ticketmaster.mobile.android.ie - and was thinking of installing but had a look at the permissions.
    READ YOUR CONTACTS
    Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your tablet, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge. Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.

Of what use would this be to Ticketmaster ? In particular the frequency with which I contact an individual or how I contact them (IM, email etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There's probably an option to share events with your friends. Could be a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Did not spot that at all, it is a bit disconcerting alright. I've already installed it, so bit late now, but still.

On the other hand, the app does look very handy, including the ability to buy tickets from your account. I like that. I like that a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It works but is all ios style. Stupid bubbly boxes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Yep it's awful to look at :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Those permissions are a bit much for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

A couple of gigs I looked up appear sold out through app but not on website. Anyone actually bought a ticket with it?

Edit: this is now working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

think its pretty slick - for seeing whats on on a particular date, better than the website, but there doesn't seem to be a way to search for gigs, which is a fairly major omission.

[EDIT] - I'm an idiot, there's a search box on the main screen. OK, seems good, though I haven't tried using it to buy tickets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ericaa

symbolic wrote: »
    Anyone actually bought a ticket with it?
    Just bought an Eminem ticket with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Looks crap, sort of getting tired of cheap iOS ports..

Lately I've gotten, not strict, but smarter about what permissions I'm willing to give to apps and this one fails on every aspect. There is no way they need the amount of access for what this app purports to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ericaa wrote: »
    Just bought an Eminem ticket with it!

Let us know how it handles refunds when he cancels :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It allowed me to buy a ticket to an event even though the website said none available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ericaa

draffodx wrote: »
    Let us know how it handles refunds when he cancels :p
    Hahaha! I actually completely forgot about that!

I'll let you know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Lately I've gotten, not strict, but smarter about what permissions I'm willing to give to apps and this one fails on every aspect. There is no way they need the amount of access for what this app purports to be

I agree- and I see the new Ulster Bank app has the same permissions also - there has to be a degree of proportionality about the permissions - or the ability in the app to turn off certain functionality and deny those permissions. In the case of Ticketmaster, I can see the benefits in alerting friends to a gig (but why they would want to know how frequently I contact my friends or using what medium is beyond me), but in the case of the UB app I can see no just cause for that level of permissions. Even if I want to transfer money to a friend, it has to be set up on the web initially and not via the app. Only once set up as a payee on the web will I be able to do it in the app.

Advertisement