Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No desktop icons on WINDOWS 7

Options
  • 18-12-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have a windows 7 machine & the task bar or files arent showing up. Any ideas what to do here ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hit ALT CTRL DEL->Task Manager->File->Run and type explorer.exe and hit ok, do they show up now?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

Nothing happening when i hit CTRL ALT Delete

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Restart the computer and when you see the manufacturers logo keep tapping the f8 key until a menu appears, choose "Safe Mode". Can you get into Windows then? You may be looking at hard disk issues here!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Right click on the desktop background, select View and make sure that Show Desktop Icons is selected. For the lack of Windows Explorer, you should try rebooting the machine first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

I cant see anything on the screen now. I have tried to hit f8 but cant see the screen. I had a external screen attached but that isnt working now either. Saying cable not connected and ive checked the connection. I can hear the Windows sound so it is booting to start button but cant see anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement