Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle-o-bucky down the Sp'arch -The Galway City General Chat Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Does he not have learning difficulties of some description? As in a mental disability. And im not being smart(for once).

If it's the same busker we're all thinking of, there is definitely some mild form of autism there. His sister and my sister are friends, kinda thing. There's no harm to the guy, but I agree that his busking is painful to say the least.

It's tough to be subjected to it whilst walking around town; especially when there are a dozen really good buskers just waiting to perform. No human statues though, please. Those things need to be friggin' banned! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

No human statues though, please. Those things need to be friggin' banned! :pac:

Yes! Except the toy soldier guy.

So with the week that's in it and the last of our good weather here I was thinking that this weekend is a fine time for a few beers. So whose up for an impromptu Boards Beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

So with the week that's in it and the last of our good weather here I was thinking that this weekend is a fine time for a few beers. So whose up for an impromptu Boards Beers?

Scary crossover weekend! Arts Fest crowd vs Races crowd. Where would be safe? And will any sane Galwegians still be around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Yep, earning money! Great to see all these tourists spending in galway. Although I'm always relieved the week after all these festivals and peace resumes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Anyone know what state the ground is in at the Big Top?

Heading there for Glen Hansard tomorrow night and wondering has it been washed out with all the rain?

I've never been before so not really sure what the set up is like.

I am being a typical girl and trying to plan what footwear to wear :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

cowlove wrote: »

Heading there for Glen Hansard tomorrow night and wondering has it been washed out with all the rain?

wear stylee wellies, there's lots of sawdust and temp plastic paving but this is Ireland and if you've ever been to an outdoor Irish gig or festival before when it's raining heavily you should know it's going to be a bit messy

will be a great gig all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

wear stylee wellies, there's lots of sawdust and temp plastic paving but this is Ireland and if you've ever been to an outdoor Irish gig or festival before when it's raining heavily you should know it's going to be a bit messy

Thanks, I was at Indiependence last year which had to be the muckiest ever! Non stop rain!

I have lost my wellies so may have to pick up a last minute pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

cowlove wrote: »

Actually while on the Big Top gigs. Have a few friends from Dublin going tomorrow night, and they're wondering if there's a full bar there?

They don't drink beer/Guinness/cider etc, so wondering if there's anything they can drink?

Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Col200sx wrote: »
    Actually while on the Big Top gigs. Have a few friends from Dublin going tomorrow night, and they're wondering if there's a full bar there?

They don't drink beer/Guinness/cider etc, so wondering if there's anything they can drink?

Anybody know?

There's a Tiger Beer tent (€5 a pint) and there is an Absolut Vodka tent (don't know what they charge a shot)

• Advertisement

Not sure where we will be drinking this evening but I think O'Connolls may be the starting point. Few boardsies will hopefully be in attendance if people want to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

8bVrET.jpg

Looks like an epic rap battle is about to go down... Gal-Vegas shhhtyle!

Anyone hit up the WRASTLING in Leisureland last night?

Normally I wouldn't be a fan of these type of things, but good Christ, it was hilarious!

Advertisement