Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Hotels/Petrol Stations Open @ Xmas

Options
  • 18-12-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi guys

Does anyone know any places that are open Christmas day? Hotels,Shops,Restaurants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The petrol station in Douglas is usually open.

We generally drive through Douglas village on the way back from visiting family and it always brings a smile to see the Muslim and Hindu workers getting paid triple time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seamus reillys in blackpool is normally open,centra on grand parade was open last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Lyaiera wrote: »
    The petrol station in Douglas is usually open.

We generally drive through Douglas village on the way back from visiting family and it always brings a smile to see the Muslim and Hindu workers getting paid triple time. :D

Are you serious?, do you mean to say we have Muslins & Hindus in Cork,
    I'd better be careful who I call boy the next time I buy The Echo with my petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I think one or both of the garages in Ballyvolane are usually open for a portion of the day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Hoping to get in some last minute shopping :D

As far as I am aware loads of them are open Xmas day for a bit now, a few of them are open in Ballincollig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Thanks everyone, was asked to find out who else is open besides us in work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Centra/Esso on the Rochestown Road is also usually open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Centra/Esso on the Rochestown Road is also usually open.

Sign on their door yesterday said they are closed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Anyone know any shop open in the city centre today and until when? Out of firelighters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Anyone know any shop open in the city centre today and until when? Out of firefighters

I would assume the fire station is open :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Ludo wrote: »

I would assume the fire station is open :-)
    Damn you auto-correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

murphym7 wrote: »
    I think one or both of the garages in Ballyvolane are usually open for a portion of the day anyway.

It's O'Callaghan's. He'll be open till about 2pm.

Advertisement