Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Setup Questions

Options
  • 18-12-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the Kindle app on my Samsung Note and it's registered to my Amazon account.

I'm getting my wife a Kindle Paperwhite for Xmas and was going to register it also to my Amazon account for 2 reasons:-

1. My wife hates online anything so if I set her up her own Amazon account it probably won't get used which means the Kindle probably won't get used.
    2. It would allow me to buy her presents of books and have them 'sent' to her kindle.

It's crossed my mind however that if I go ahead and register her kindle to my own account it might cause some problems namely:-

1. Will books sent to her kindle show up on my kindle phone app and visa versa?
    2. Do various kindles and kindle apps 'sync'? If so it would be very annoying. I could be reading X on my kindle phone app and she could be reading Y on her kindle but when we respectively log back in we could end up with the wrong books or starting at the wrong spots on each others books. (Not sure I've explained that very well)

Bottom line is I'd like to know, should I set up her kindle under my account or not? Could there be a benefit in that all books purchased on that account could be available to both her kindle and my kindle phone app?

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Yes sync positions and books purchased do get syned to the app/kindle or whichever. My advice would be to set up her own account but you remain in control of it or even tell her you can operate it for her if she needs any books you can get them or alternativly it is easy to buy on the kindle/app so yous can both have control of the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

They only sync if wireless is on. Turn off wireless on kindle.

Advertisement