Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish dumped

Options
  • 18-12-2012 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have moved into my brothers house. The house next door has about 50 black sacks of rubbish dumped between their house and their wall, which is only divided from my property by that wall. As my house is a few feet on an upward slope I can see right down on all this at my side passage. I like to live and let live, but the other day I spotted a rat running by. I have 2 young daughters (3 and 6) who play in the back garden, and I am concerned about the health implications. The house next door is let by a landlord, but I'm not sure how I should handle it. I don't want to ask them to move the rubbish and I find that I have no leg to sand on.

Thanks, Ross

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Report it to the Council, Environment section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ring the landlord first and tell him his tenants are stockpiling rubbish instead of paying for it to be removed. I'm sure he/she won't want rats any more than you do.

Call the council too.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

The landlord should have no problem with the fact that you're bothered by this catastrophe. Seriously, rats? Give me a break. You have young children abound. It's a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Some landlords will ignore issues as long as they get their rent money

Stockpiling rubbish however is one issue that they won't ignore

Call them up OP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Some landlords will ignore issues as long as they get their rent money

Stockpiling rubbish however is one issue that they won't ignore

Call them up OP

Tenants who stockpile trash leave it for the landlord to sort out. He will want it cleaned up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anyone still live next door, or have they left?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

never mind the landlord. Ring Council immediately. Also let neigbours around know.
    No harm to exaggerate a bit re the number of rats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Similar problem with neighbour (minus rats so far), hasn't put out a bin since the DCC changeover earlier this year. House is not rented.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Call env. health. This carry on is not acceptable. The tenants are responsible of course, it's their filth, not the landlord's.

Advertisement