Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa experience dunned

Options
  • 18-12-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

After being to quite a few Santas over the last few years we went to the Santa experience in dunnes in Patrick st in cork last Saturday and thought it was the best I've been to.
    It starts with booking online where you give all relevant info. I'd urge u to put as much info into it as possible as Santa refers to this a lot during the conversation with the kids.
    We arrived at 6 on sat for the booking and were only waiting 10 mins with no que.
    The elves were great even though it was near the me of the day. About 5 families came into it with us (12 kids). You visit the Post office , the reindeer barn , a trip on the sleigh and then meet the big guy.
    It is not dirty or cold like some I was at( healys farm etc) as I have a child with CF I have to be careful. Not real animals but the Elves keep the kids engaged throughout
    But it's brilliant when you go into Santa. He was very engaging and because he brings each family up individually and "knows stuff" about the kids which was filled in earlier be gives about 5 mins to each family while the others are sitting around on the sofas in his hut. Very seasonal hut.

I'd highly recommend it for 10 euro.

Plus the fact that the grand parade was the Xmas market it was magical for the kids

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

sounds great, we have been to some dodgy santas.. this year we went to Argina mines in Roscommon ..it was supposed to be brilliant .. had to queue for the best part of 2 and half hours in a mine shaft..thank god we all wore our christmas jumpers!! .. grotto was the usuall garden shed - nothing special and the santa didin't have a lot to say for himself.. never again!

oh .. I think your photo was taken in the South Pole!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Thats cool to know, we went to the one in dunnes in douglas, its free but we must have caught him on a bad day, as she's three and so got a bit shy when it was time to talk to him,

he basically said after 2 seconds "ok shes not going to do it you may as well go" and pushed us out the door.

on the other hand we went to douglas village (tescos) to pick up bits and pieces and Santa was there walking around the center talking to the children.

he approached our daughter and again she went shy. he asked me her name discreetly and called her by name and tried to talk her around, he eventually got her talking to him and was so polite, he was brilliant :D , i think he is also free of charge! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thanks for the review OP. didn't even realise there was one there. We saw the santa in douglas village too. Well, she followed him around the shopping center for nearly an hour, hiding if he looked her direction. I was thinking she might eventually get brave enough to go up to him... Not yet. Maybe next year. He was super when she was a baby. Very patient.

Advertisement