Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for flight delay

Options
  • 18-12-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

I had a delayed Qantas flight a few months ago from Germany. Didn't think much of it until I saw an article in the Independent about EU rulings on compensation. The article referenced somebody from a site called flight-delayed.com. I figured I'd chance my arm and give it a go, and am now at the point where Qantas have agreed to pay compensation. I've received an email from them stating how much they'll pay but also requesting bank details and that "Unfortunately in Germany we are unable to make a refund by cheque or to your credit card account."

All of the checks I've done on the email from Qantas seem to indicate its legitimate but the idea of giving out my bank account details is a little worrying.

So wondering if anyone out there has ever used flight-delayed.com themselves, or been in a similar situation? Or know what the usual procedure for a payout like this would be? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    ST

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

If you give someone a cheque the bank details are printed on it. Many companies print bank details on invoices & statements and many others publish them online.

Electronic payment is now the norm.

Its the password and pin numbers you need to protect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Please tell me how exactly how you went about that. I had a 3 1/4 hour departure delay with Virgin on a 7000 km flight which translated into a 4hr arrival delay, in the summer.

Advertisement