Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying from lego.com?

• 18-12-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

so lads, i ordered a set of lego themselves. it had ireland region, so i presume its sort of local.

so i ordered yesterday afternoon, but i still did not got dispatch email and order status is still in "processing" today. I payed 30eu for express delivery. surely they should be more on the ball with this?!:confused:
    so did anyone order from them? any experience? i really want to get my set before xmas too, are they just not great at updating details etc?
    what delivery company they use ladS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

so lads, i ordered a set of lego themselves. it had ireland region, so i presume its sort of local.

so i ordered yesterday afternoon, but i still did not got dispatch email and order status is still in "processing" today. I payed 30eu for express delivery. surely they should be more on the ball with this?!:confused:
    so did anyone order from them? any experience? i really want to get my set before xmas too, are they just not great at updating details etc?
    what delivery company they use ladS?
    I think European orders come from Denmark.

Even though you've paid for express mail, the order itself still has to be processed, and consider the magnitude of orders the website is likely to have had this week as people do late Christmas shopping. I've always found that it takes a day or so for orders to process, but shipping is usually fast once things are dispatched. From memory, they use DHL.

I just took a quick look online, and there's a statement saying that today is the last day for Christmas delivery via express post. So if they're as good as their word, you should be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

The last time I used them, which has been a while a while ago, they were slow as hell! It took about a month with the standard shipping. At the time they were still shipping the stuff from the factory in the Netherlands. That could have changed though.

They also were slow with updating as you said. I doubt it's actually real-time.

When I used them they used DHL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think European orders come from Denmark.

Even though you've paid for express mail, the order itself still has to be processed, and consider the magnitude of orders the website is likely to have had this week as people do late Christmas shopping. I've always found that it takes a day or so for orders to process, but shipping is usually fast once things are dispatched. From memory, they use DHL.

I just took a quick look online, and there's a statement saying that today is the last day for Christmas delivery via express post. So if they're as good as their word, you should be safe.

yeah, this is the reason i took express too. they said deadline was 18th 23:59. what are the chances of it coming on friday? i am off friday so it would work out perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

yeah, this is the reason i took express too. they said deadline was 18th 23:59. what are the chances of it coming on friday? i am off friday so it would work out perfect!

Pretty good I would suggest, if it is dispatched tomorrow.

Also, this is the last weekend before Christmas, so the postal service will be operating on Saturday.

But it doesn't make a difference, you can't have it until Christmas morning sure ;)

Pretty good I would suggest, if it is dispatched tomorrow.

Also, this is the last weekend before Christmas, so the postal service will be operating on Saturday.

But it doesn't make a difference, you can't have it until Christmas morning sure ;)

its shipped. just got tracking number ad all! my pants are full of happyness! :D

i was about going to cork and look in to each toy shop before saturday and buying myself a super car 8070 or logging truck 9397 to have something to do on few xmas free days of work :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

I ordered a motorised excavator at the beginning of december normal mail and it arrrived about 8 business days after the order, so not bad for 4kg box from Denmark and free postage is worth the wait if your not in a rush.

omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg

IMG_1194_zps27fb1f95.jpg

best part now:

delivery driver called me to ask for directions. so all grand and i was awaiting for him. when he drove his first words were:

-is that a present?
    -huh?
    -i sow on the box, it came from lego crowd, just was wonering.
    -ah no, its for me!
    -really?! i collect lego too!
    -what? really?! you are the first person i met who did not judged me for buying this!!!
    -ah no! i got myself lego technic sets. my wife got me a big excavator! she told me i can get it with one condition - i wont be putting it together now. i ended up staying till morning building it and pissed off my wife! :P
    -lololol. you whana see whats in this one? its 4x4 crawler!
    -sure open it up!
    *conversation gone on and on! fair play to delivery driver. he might have skiped on my delivery today. he was just asked to deliver it if he could on his way home as it was in area.

now i have to wait for xmas morning... i wonder if i will resist it though!!!! :eek:

Advertisement