Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewoods/fastway atrocity

Options
  • 18-12-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

To anyone even considering using littlewoods here is something to make you think twice!

So basically I created a littlewoods account and really didn't know what to buy off it.Then xmas came along and I tought it would be a great idea to order the xmas presents off littlewoods.

After ordering my xmas presents I tought great I'll just track them on the littlewoods website and wait for them to arrive.I ordered the items on the 30th of November with the xmas rush in mind knowing that they should be here before xmas.

So after waiting my items started to arrive except for 1 or 2 others and I tought maybe they take longer to ship. After checking the tracking I seen the said items had arrived in the fastway midlands hub.

Every other item had arrived the next day when in the midlands hub so I waited. The items had arrived in the midlands hub on the 3rd December I waited until the 11th and they hadn't arrived. I then decided to call littlewoods to see if there was a problem.

(this is where it gets worse) after calling and being placed on hold I got through to customer service went through the usual account number d.o.b nonsense. I explained the situation.

I was then told I would be transferred to the relevant department so another wait on hold. I finally got through to another agent went through the acc number d.o.b nonsense again and once again explained myself. (I had obviously been blind transferred )after explaining the agent really hadn't a clue what to do so just said here's the couriers number ring them end of call.

That was all well and good except for the fact I had no parcel tracking numbers or info.

So I waited and still no package. I called littlewoods again and got transferred three times back and forward with people who really weren't arsed helping me.

Finally I got through to a girl who explained that the couriers were doing a securitiy check and that she would tell them to send the parcels the next day. After waiting 3 days no joy I called littlewoods again.

This time I called and was left on hold for 46 mins I eventually gave up and decided to call later.

Later on I called and once again got blind transferred to someone else who had no clue why I was calling so again I explained. After being put on hold numerous time I was told. The courier has an address issue and the parcel has been put on hold. I confirmed my address and was told the parcel would be with me soon.

2 days in I decided to check my tracking and the status said "our carrier has trouble finding your address please contact us" which I did to no avail. I was told the same story security check blah blah ..I confirmed my address again and was told someone will call me soon.

Two days passed and no call. I sent littlewoods a complaint and it took them 2 days to reply. I was baffled by their response. "Here are the parcel tracking numbers please call fastway as we don't know them" they don't know the people responsible for delivering their goods?

I took down the tracking numbers and called fastway. After a few waits on hold I got through to an agent who said they had three different address's all of which were totally wrong. I explained the situation and gave them my actual address and contact number and was told my parcel will arrive tomorrow.

The next day no parcel arrived. I rang fastway who then said littlewoods have the parcel on hold now for security reasons. Is there no communication between these 2 companies at all? I then rang littlewoods who explained that they had previously released the parcel and it should be delivered.

I called fastway again and explained this but was told that littlewoods never contacted them and that the items were going to be sent back to littlewoods the next day. I called littlewoods again (ping pong calls) and they said they had sent the confirmation and they could not help me. Back to fastway to explain this and low and behold we have not been contacted by anyone stating this.

It is now the 18th of December and I don't know wether or not I am going to get this parcel. These are people's xmas presents. These two companies do not communicate with each other or help their customers. I have done all the chasing and got nowhere. Word of advice want stress free shopping DONT use littlewoods. And fastway are useless :@ :

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

would you be able to edit your op to include paragraphs ? I gave up reading it after the second line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Do a chargeback for the items which you have not recieved, your bank/credit card company should do this without any problem, then go get your presents on amazon or in a real shop who will value your custom:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Malishous

Dinkie wrote: »
    would you be able to edit your op to include paragraphs ? I gave up reading it after the second line.
    Sorry done on a tiny touch screen phone was in a rant mode haha edited now so a little bit easier to read

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Do a chargeback for the items which you have not recieved, your bank/credit card company should do this without any problem, then go get your presents on amazon or in a real shop who will value your custom:)
    duly noted xmas + littlewoods = stress ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 signedup

Wow!! looks like you got a lot off your chest with that post!! I had same issue with littlewoods a few weeks back and learn't my lesson.

Take foogy_lad's advice, that's what i did.. and don't stress, life's too short!

Oh and Dinkie has a very valid point.

• Advertisement

signedup wrote: »
    Wow!! looks like you got a lot off your chest with that post!! I had same issue with littlewoods a few weeks back and learn't my lesson.

Take foogy_lad's advice, that's what i did.. and don't stress, life's too short!

Oh and Dinkie has a very valid point.
    Yep I've accepted I have done all I can about it.

Just wanna make sure no-one else has to go through that stress again.
    Littlewoods have the worst customer service.

(Note to self add paragraph's) I'd have gave up reading it too haha cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract is with Littlewood, and Littlewood have a contract with Fastway. You personally have no contract with Fastway, and you shouldn't be chasing these lost parcels with Fastway.

Deal only with Littlewoods. Log complaints saying that your goods have not arrived. Let them know that you will be seeking an immediate refund, or else a chargeback via your credit card provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

OP, how could your experience be called an atrocity?:confused: Nobody was killed or injured. "Major cock-up" or the "F" word would be my description:). Thanks for the warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Owing to the innate skill I have in the ability to compare two numbers even when they contain a decimal point and a euro sign, I have and never will, use Littlewoods. Thanks anyway.

OP, how could your experience be called an atrocity?:confused: Nobody was killed or injured. "Major cock-up" or the "F" word would be my description:). Thanks for the warning.
    Haha let's say an atrocity to customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Tow

As above, your contract is with Littlewoods not Fastway, so it is up to Littlewoods to do the chasing. Littlewoods are a Money Lender, so once your exhaust their complaints procedures (look for a final response letter off them) you can contact the Financial Regulator. Fore more details see : http://www.flac.ie/download/pdf/flac_money_lending__the_law.pdf

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Tow wrote: »
    As above, your contract is with Littlewoods not Fastway, so it is up to Littlewoods to do the chasing. Littlewoods are a Money Lender, so once your exhaust their complaints procedures (look for a final response letter off them) you can contact the Financial Regulator. Fore more details see : http://www.flac.ie/download/pdf/flac_money_lending__the_law.pdf

how are littlewoods a money lender?

irishgeo wrote: »

Most of there stuff in on tick. Hire Purchase provider would be a better description I think.

Thanks mate I'll definitely be following it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

I been customer for years,and only today I paid my loan on full.I will wait two days,and then I will cancel my account forever.I had problems with them few times,but nothing major,unfortunately their customer service is useless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Well in my experience this christmas, I ordered a gift online and it said when I went into the track your parcel bit that
    it would not be expected to be delivered until the 29th. I was a little disappointed however, I actually recieved the gift
    yesterday which was a pleasant surprize to say the least. I do use the account settings with littlewood and manage to stick
    paying more than the minimum payment as I don't want it to negatively impact on my credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

In Littlewoods and Fastways defence, i created an account with them on November 29th as i'm unable to carry much shopping at the moment placed my first order (6 items) that was well below my credit limit and it said delivery on 3rd Dec. I made a part payment as i had no intention of running up a big bill. My order arrived as stated on the 3rd. I placed a 2nd order and made another payent and it said 4 of 5 items be here on 11th the last on 18th and they were. Whilst waiting for the 2nd order i placed a 3rd and realised after checkout 3 of the items would be here in time for Christmas so phoned them up and asked if was possible to cancel them to save me the hassle of returning them in the new year and immediatly she did and it showed online as cancelled. The 3rd delivery also arrived as stated yesterday 18th.

I found the Fastway courier to be very helpful and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Tow

They lend money to buy their products.

Here is the list of registered money lenders : http://registers.financialregulator.ie/PreRenderedReports/14.pdf

Here is their money lenders licence : http://registers.centralbank.ie/MoneylendersTandC/C12587.pdf

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

kristian12 wrote: »
    In Littlewoods and Fastways defence, i created an account with them on November 29th as i'm unable to carry much shopping at the moment placed my first order (6 items) that was well below my credit limit and it said delivery on 3rd Dec. I made a payment of €50 as i had no intention of running up a big bill. My order arrived as stated on the 3rd. I placed a 2nd order and made another payent and it said 4 of 5 items be here on 11th the last on 18th and they were. Whilst waiting for the 2nd order i placed a 3rd and realised after checkout 3 of the items would be here in time for Christmas so phoned them up and asked if was possible to cancel them to save me the hassle of returning them in the new year and immediatly she did and it showed online as cancelled. The 3rd delivery also arrived as stated yesterday 18th.

I found the Fastway courier to be very helpful and polite.
    it's good to hear that littlewoods are at least helping some people. It's just got to the stage now I've actually spent up to 50 quid on credit ringing them. I've emailed and all I get is automated responses.

I've payed off a fair few quid aswell on my littlewoods account. Littlewoods refer me to fastway and vice versa.

Glad to hear they have a satisfied customer.

I'll be happy when the xmas presents I ordered arrive until then Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Well I ordered 4 presents on the 3RD of NOVEMBER (very organised, or so I thought) three items have been delivered so far. Most recent one was only last week and I'm still waiting on the 4th parcel. Who knows if it'll land at all.

I remember shopping online that day and some items were 'out of stock' and therefore you could not order them but it let me order other stuff that wasn't in stock.

Anyways I emailed Littlewoods to ask why they allowed me to do this and I was told it was because most of their customers don't mind having to wait for items?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

op i think you are mixing up atrocious and atrocity. littlewoods service is atrocious, the shooting in ny state was an atrocity.

Well I ordered 4 presents on the 3RD of NOVEMBER (very organised, or so I thought) three items have been delivered so far. Most recent one was only last week and I'm still waiting on the 4th parcel. Who knows if it'll land at all.

I remember shopping online that day and some items were 'out of stock' and therefore you could not order them but it let me order other stuff that wasn't in stock.

Anyways I emailed Littlewoods to ask why they allowed me to do this and I was told it was because most of their customers don't mind having to wait for items?!?!
    Jaysis they obviously don't value customers

Oh and just checked the tracker on littlewoods website. Having problems with my address (even thought the last 3 items were delivered perfectly fine) just called littlewoods. Gave me a ref to call the courier. The lady was helpful in fairness.

Now onto the courier!

Just got through to courier and said that the message was in error attached to a large number of parcels and there's no problem that all parcels will be delivered before Christmas. They are working through the weekend so fingers crossed for you (and me) Fast way very helpful also

sweetie wrote: »
    op i think you are mixing up atrocious and atrocity. littlewoods service is atrocious, the shooting in ny state was an atrocity.

Sentences start with a capital letter as do names and I. I've changed your structure to avoid the use of an apostrophe.
    sweetie wrote: »
    OP I think you are mixing up atrocious and atrocity. The service from Littlewoods is atrocious, the shooting in NY state was an atrocity.

Atrocity and atrocious come from the same origin; the former being the noun and the latter the adjective, neither word is particularly appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Procrastastudy and other posters Please - leave the grammar and word use alone. Stick to the original topic.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

A girl at Fastway put me on hold to answer her own mobile. I was chasing up a Littlewoods parcel. Never got it and cancelled in the end as the event that the parcel was for came and went.

They've let me down aswell with Christmas presents in the past.

I find the deliveries to be quite hit and miss. I have experienced good, even great, service at some addresses and at others - nothing but hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 summerwind

Littlewoods customer service a disaster.
    fastway play hide & seek
    2 companies i wont be using again unless i want a heart attack from stress .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement