Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Best For My Dog' dog food?

• 18-12-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have their dog on this? Seriously considering switching from Creavens and it's only a bit more expense wise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I had my dogs on it for a bit, didnt really suit my lot anyway! One thing about it is the food is compressed so you have to be very careful with portion size! and if you feed it dry the food can expand very rapidly in the dogs tummy causing discomfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I used to, and the dogs did well on it, I have a few friends that still feed it and like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ISDW wrote: »
    I used to, and the dogs did well on it, I have a few friends that still feed it and like it.

This stuff is really fantastic ; I cannot recommend it highly enough. I found it through a stand at a kennel club event & the guy was really helpful & patient & gave me a few decent size different types of samples. My dog had/has a really sensitive stomach & was on the vet prescription royal canine ( until they changed the recipy & the new one didn't agree with her). I tried a few different Best For My Dog types and whatever is in them they really agreed with her. I couldn't believe my luck. Paul I think the guy is, delivers ; to your work or house & there is some kind of good deal ( or used to be) if you bought x amount ( used to be two bags). You can now et it through some vets ; I used to drop out to his house & buy it from his wife.

I can highly recommend it . I was in despair of finding something that suited ; great product, great service, happy dog.

( & no; I'm not related!)

Could someone let me know where you can purchase this. Is there a website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Thanks for the comments everyone

Yes there is a website www.bestformydog.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Does anyone have their dog on this? Seriously considering switching from Creavens and it's only a bit more expense wise.

Tranceypoo I have never tried this food but have looked into it (and creavens) previously as an alternative to burns. Tbh I think it is very expensive for what you are getting. In then end I went with skinners field and trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have used this food - my guys did very well on it (even the dodgy belly one and the golden oldie one... eclectic mix I have!). The only thing is that they did poo a bit more on it, not in a nasty poo way just slightly more volume. No other complaints (tbh, that's not even really a complaint!) and I think it's a good food for the price. We tried both the Poultry & Rice and the Adult All Breeds versions and they were both grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

My dogs did fine on it.

I've switched to Skinners since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

boomerang wrote: »
    My dogs did fine on it.

One ofyemen was very unusual ; unlike the " normal " looking other kibble it used to look like those long pretzel sticks you munch at Parties atChristmas. I think it was seaweed flavoured? My dog used to go mad for it as treats. Which one was that again? Might get her sthing super-delicious for Christmas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

boomerang wrote: »
    My dogs did fine on it.

I've switched to Skinners since.

Is the Skinners not for more 'working' dogs rather than pets? (Pardon my ignorance on this one, I will go and research it but I've a sick doggie and a sick husband on my hands today so internet time is limited!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Nah, it's basically the same formulation as any other pet dog food. It's not any higher in protein or more energy dense. It's marketed for working gundogs (Labs/Springers/Cockers etc. that do working trials) so it's VAT free. That's why it's cheaper. I'm really, really happy with it. :)

Advertisement