Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger Jogger's Training Log

Options
  • 18-12-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Well folks,
    I used to be a bit of a runner - now I am fat, unfit and over forty. so I am starting again and I am gonna blog about it to make sure I have something to keep me involved and accountable. I hope some of you guys will hold me to this and give me abuse if I don't do as i say I will.

I started a blog elsewhere but am going to add updates of the miles here to keep more involvement.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! (Though I know a few already - I look forward to renewed acquiantance!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You're in good company. Plenty of over 40's around these parts!
    Have you a set of goals established yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BloggerJogger

Yep, Krusty..

Gonna lose a stone,
    run every day for 365 days as a personal challenge (On recovery days I am just going to do a mile)
    Do a sub 4 hour marathon
    Do an Ultra

Started back last night with 1.6 miles. 14' 33". Happy with that... Next run will be the same run again. Keeping mileage low and starting gradually. Also doing a kettlebell routine to strengthen my core and melt off some fat!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BloggerJogger

Quick follow up - two weeks in... and still running every day. Am updating my blog on http://www.bloggerjogger.com and have gone from 1.6 miles a day to 1.75 on some days with a 2.9 mile, 4.5 mile and a 10k trail run thrown in. Losing weight off my former belly quite nicely.
    I'll have to check my mileage to update my posts as I go along as I lost track along the way..

Advertisement