Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spayed tomcat runs away from me

• 18-12-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

So I've brought my tom cat home after getting him spayed but now he keeps hissing at me and running away from me. My other tom never did this when we had him done, is this normal? Im worried that he might run away altogether

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

pookiesboo wrote: »
    So I've brought my tom cat home after getting him spayed but now he keeps hissing at me and running away from me. My other tom never did this when we had him done, is this normal? Im worried that he might run away altogether

He's out of sorts after the op and basically in a strop.While its a straightforward op to us, its all kinds of weird and scary experiences for our animals. Strange environment, being poked and prodded by strangers,medicated and waking up a little bit tender. He'll come around soon enough, just let him get his bearings back and he'll be as right as rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

anniehoo wrote: »
    He's out of sorts after the op and basically in a strop.While its a straightforward op to us, its all kinds of weird and scary experiences for our animals. Strange environment, being poked and prodded by strangers,medicated and waking up a little bit tender. He'll come around soon enough, just let him get his bearings back and he'll be as right as rain.

Thanks! Feel so bad for him!

Advertisement