Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brennans Lane Closed?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, Is it true that Ballina's Brennans lane is closed? Also I see Chungs has closed, Padraics.. And McVans as wells?

Lot of Closures before Christmas, whats it going to be like in 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Hadn't actually heard that it was closed. Difficult to see anyone else make a fist of it in the current environment.

Sad to see such nice, hard working people treated like this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

They are gone into receivership but it's business as usual up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Hadnt heard of Padraics - what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Its terrible to see businesses struggling or closing but it is happening on an all too regular basis now.
    Chungs has been closed for weeks. Casuarina the chinese beside the taxi rank on Pearse St is gone too. Padraic's gone, McVann Interiors gone, Ballina Nissan gone as well I think.
    Brennans is definitely open for business and I hope they can sort themselves out. These people have put a lot of effort into their business.
    I dread to think what 2013 is going to be like for Ballina. I drive a taxi here myself and from Monday to Thursday the town is dead at night.
    Its clear now that with a high unemployment rate and a lot of young people leaving town, there is only so much money around to spend. And of course more people are staying at home drinking which does not help the pub trade or indeed my own as I work mainly at night. It is having a knock on effect on all of us.
    Ballina needs some new industry or some other type of business. There is far too much reliance on retail. There is only so much shopping that people can do or afford and I'd say at the moment people's priorities are putting food on the table and trying to cope with the ever increasing costs of their bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

heard Gavins was going to close as well, although i had heard this a few years ago and it didnt happen to so not sure how much heed to pay to it

on a positive note i was told that holland and barret were looking at opening in the town soon, anyone else hear this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I ate there about a week before the Mayo / Donegal final. Sad to hear about them closing.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

re padraigs, i had heard more that padraic was retiring from it rather than it was closing due to economy but its possibly a bit of both..
    sign on window says closed til further notice, so you never know someone may lease it..

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

this is true,,,padraig has made his money,,none of his family want to take it off,,,,bring back so many memorys eating in there or caffollas while young

woody1 wrote: »
    re padraigs, i had heard more that padraic was retiring from it rather than it was closing due to economy but its possibly a bit of both..
    sign on window says closed til further notice, so you never know someone may lease it..

Advertisement