Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused

Options
  • 18-12-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Got a letter from SUSI this morning, saying that I had been approved for the full adjecent rate, here's the problem last year I got the full non adjecent rate, I have exactly the same circumstances and I am still living in the same place going to the same college? Has the distance criterion changed since last year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

No the distance criteria hasn't changed but the scales SUSI use to assess distance may have. Get in touch with them and let them know that you got the NA rate last year. You will probably have to appeal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The distance in the 2010/2011 academic year was 24km

The distance in the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic year is 45km.

If you got the non adjacent rate in 2011/2012 then I see no reason why you shouldn't be still receiving that rate.

Get back onto them and tell them you received the non adjacent rate last year so that is what you should be getting this year.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement