Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iGoogle as home page?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this question....

I had iGoogle set as my home page on my laptop - I use Firefox. A day or two ago I started getting a Firefox home page when I open a tab. I can't for the life of me remember how to re-set Google as my home page.

Can anyone help? I suspect it's blindingly obvious, but I've clicked on everything and just can't figure it out!

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place for this question....

I had iGoogle set as my home page on my laptop - I use Firefox. A day or two ago I started getting a Firefox home page when I open a tab. I can't for the life of me remember how to re-set Google as my home page.

Can anyone help? I suspect it's blindingly obvious, but I've clicked on everything and just can't figure it out!

Thanks for any help!!

Navigate to www.google.ie in firefox. Press the alt key once->Tools->Options->General Tab and for homepage click "Use Current" button and apply. Should be sorted.
    Alternatively when on www.google.ie drag the far left logo in the long address bar onto the home icon, and confirm changing the homepage

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cheers!

I'm sure there used to be an easier way to do it - I'd never have figured that out by myself before :D

Thanks a million.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Cheers!

I'm sure there used to be an easier way to do it - I'd never have figured that out by myself before :D

Thanks a million.

Thats been the method for years :) . Some sites gave the option to set it via the site, but I reckon for security reasons this doesn't seem to happen in modern browsers. Glad its sorted :)

Nick

Advertisement