Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfer from BOI in N.Ireland to a different bank in Republic of Ireland

Options
  • 18-12-2012 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

Is it possible to do a bank transfer between BOI in Northern Ireland and Ulster Bank in the republic?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

If its a Euro transfer is should be possible with a SEPA Credit Transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi pennypitstop,

Thanks for getting in touch. You have two options when making the trasfer. You can request the transfer in branch, either in writing or in person, or you can request a Telegraphic Transfer (TT) in the branch.

Provided the TT is made before 10:30am, the transfer will received into the beneficiary account the same day. Please be aware that there is a £25 charge for Telegraphic Transfers.

I hope this helps and if there's anything else we can do for you, please ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭pennypitstop

Thanks Pat,

A lady went into her branch of BOI in Northern Ireland and asked to transfer money from her account to my account in Ulster bank in The Reublic of Ireland.
    The staff member who was dealing with her told her "they can not transfer a different currency to a bank in a different country".

The amount is less than €30 so a TT is obviously too expensive for such a small transaction.
    Can this lady simply buy euro with GBP and then lodge it to my account?

Thanks again for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi,

It is possible to have the Sterling amount changed into Euro and then transferred in branch. This is sometimes know as a Euro Reg Transfer. The exchange rate will be applied to the Sterling amount before the transfer is made. There is no additional charge for this service.

Thanks again,
    Pat

Advertisement