Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When banned..

Options
  • 18-12-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Why can't you view the section? I know it's possible as I had a mod do it for me before. Is it like an extra punishment for those who like 40ppp
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

RasTa wrote: »
    Why can't you view the section? I know it's possible as I had a mod do it for me before. Is it like an extra punishment for those who like 40ppp

what section are you referring to? the forum you get banned from? If so, how is that an "extra" punishment? its exactly the punishment its supposed to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LoLth wrote: »
    what section are you referring to? the forum you get banned from? If so, how is that an "extra" punishment? its exactly the punishment its supposed to be.

It's just a week ban. I understand I can't post no issue there but I can just log out and read what is going on, seems pointless that you can't view the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's just a week ban. I understand I can't post no issue there but I can just log out and read what is going on, seems pointless that you can't view the forum.

If you were lets say currently banned from a forum and you were forced to log out of Boards in order to read the forum. Do you think that whilst suffering this inconvenience, you may learn a lesson and perhaps not get banned in the future?

There are some forums where you have to be a registered user and logged in to even read them so getting a ban from one of those means zero access, at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LoLth wrote: »
    There are some forums where you have to be a registered user and logged in to even read them so getting a ban from one of those means zero access, at all.

Actually it might be because it's the soccer forum and you need to be granted access when logged in. Although is it the same for all forums i.e boards policy that said user can't read the forums when his username is banned from posting?

• Advertisement

Actually it might be because it's the soccer forum and you need to be granted access when logged in. Although is it the same for all forums i.e boards policy that said user can't read the forums when his username is banned from posting?

if a user is banned from a forum then , while logged in they can neither post nor read that forum. If they log out, they can read the forum but cannot post in it.

Some forums require the user to be logged in so that they can read it (access granted to a named account). If a user is banned from that forum, then they cannot read it or post in it as they have no access if they log out.

Advertisement