Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hell with pixmania.ie

Options
  • 18-12-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Genuine story,here it comes.
    Bought a TV on 3rd of December,paid 889 for it plus 47 delivery charge.
    Tv came in a damaged box and the unit was faulty. Contacted pixmania,they organised for the unit to be picked up by UPS to investigate. It took them to this day to respond to my numerous emails and calls to say that TV was lost in a transit and that they can offer me refund as tv is out of stock even tho tv is in stock on their website. So I don't have TV,no money yet,and kids will cry as I don't have another tv to watch stuff over christmas.
    Also they have promised me to replace tv and deliver it before christmas ,which is not happening anymore. What a waste of time this crowd is. I have never believed that customer service can be as bad as pixmania.ie

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

sorry to hear of your misfortune with your tv, as with anything delivered by post or courier items can be damaged or lost in transit, i bought a tv from pixmania 4 weeks ago and it was delivered by johnston logistics from rathcoole, i was one of the last stops on his run that day i thought it would be the m7 and the m8 motorway to mitchelstown and then shake rattle and roll on the n73 out to me, but no i think he did the rounds of the whole 32 counties before i got my tv, to be fair to pixmania they do say on their website that if the box is damaged in anyway do not accept the goods, sign the form as damaged and returned, luckily my box was undamaged, but i still checked the tv itself was not damaged i.e. the screen was not cracked, when i was satisfied only then did i sign for the tv. if the tv did not work when plugged in i could not blame the courier, thank god everything was fine with it, and it worked perfectly, the only gripe i had with my lovely big screen 55 inch 3d tv was that two weeks later i checked pixmania again and my tv was 250 euro cheaper, what a pisser!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

OP, if your getting a refund, that's actually a good pixmania experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Take the kids out and buy them a few books and some board games. If I cried because I couldn't watch TV it's be a clip around the ear.

No I'm not from Yorkshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Tow

Pixmania is the Ryanair of online shopping. Fine if all goes to plan, but if anything goes wrong...

Your best bet is to get on to Declan in the Curries / PC World form. While it is not Declans problem, the are part of the same group of companies and he known who to contact whos ass to kick to get things done.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Guys,got my refund,the funny thing is that I can not get better price from no one else as most TV's are 300-400 cheaper than currys. hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

boarder777 wrote: »
    Guys,got my refund,the funny thing is that I can not get better price from no one else as most TV's are 300-400 cheaper than currys. hmmm

Try Komplett

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Jizzmuxic

Glad to hear your bad experience had a silver lining, and Pixmania were decent enough to issue you a refund.

Try richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shellita

I have ordered from Pixmania : SAMSUNG UE46EH5000 LED Television

and with all the bad reviews I am thinking of cancelling :confused:

Not sure what to do, the set is over 100 euro cheaper than anywhere else

Is the site really that bad with customer service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Bought stuff as valuable in the past, not as bulky as a TV, but a 24" monitor and computer stuff and had a few replacements along the way.

I'd have no hesitation in using them again.

Sorry for your trouble OP. :o

• Advertisement

thanks gbee.

Im panicking as I just bought my house so my bf is buying the tv.

He was going to buy a smaller one and upgrade in a year or so but this one is cheaper then the 40" he was going to buy and then we won't need any upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Tow

shellita wrote: »
    with all the bad reviews I am thinking of cancelling :confused:

That is the worse thing you could do. They are fine when everything goes to plan.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    That is the worse thing you could do. They are fine when everything goes to plan.

I hope so ! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

I bought a portable DVD player off them before xmas. The Unit was opened at xmas, and dvd discs would not play in it, further to inspection I noticed the device was very shabby looking, as it had scuffs on it, and had a couple of screws missing from it !!! A second in my opinion.

Pixmania where Fuc# all use and **** customer care.... They wanted me to post by registered courier ! back to France where it would have to be send back to manufacture which could take up to 30 days and all this at my expense no matter what the outcome.

What a pile of Bollo# .... never again......... and Im left with a heap of broken ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually, the last time I had to return something to Pixmania I was surprised, they got it and gave me a full credit inc my postage costs to my account fairly promptly. I had some real horror stories before that, but they seem to have improved...on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Got refund and shipping costs back,so happy ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Got refund and shipping costs back,so happy ending.

Good show. Thanks for the update.

Advertisement