Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Meh if they are going for something similar to Forbidden Fruit , would rather a more rockier festival:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

MCD’s last attempt to do a boutique festival back in 2006
    =
    MCD’s last attempt to charge €300 for a festival ticket back in 2006).

:p So far this has meh written all over it, but latitude always has some cool bands so hopefully it's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

=

:p So far this has meh written all over it, but latitude always has some cool bands so hopefully it's alright.
    well MCD half run EP which is a apparently a "boutique" festival, and do pretty well....

lots of the Latitude bands played Body and Soul last year. if it is to go ahead, B&S will take a massive hit, and going by the amount of Latitude acts and the money MCD has, could have serious problems getting the acts they want in 2014...

Meh if they are going for something similar to Forbidden Fruit , would rather a more rockier festival:P
    considering the massive success of FF, i doubt MCD will share the same view :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

=

Basterds ( attempting to charge 300 euro)...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i've been to Latitude last 3 years, its one of the best festivals in the UK, sadly due to the punters over this side of the pond I dont think it will be up to scratch, unless they really hand pick the line up to keep out the riff raff

well it will probably be the same as the Latitude lineup, so I can't see the "riff raff" paying €200 to watch Bon Iver, Elbow, Laura Marling etc type acts.
    the new Punchestown pop-dance festival will be where they'll be going, assuming it goes ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Its a bit strange.

That lineup looks more like an EP one than an Oxegen one, and if either festival is going to be replaced next year I can't see it being EP:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Paul Weller you say? Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm confused! what's going on? there might be a new "pop" festival, is that replacing Oxegen? is EP even going ahead? where the hell did this festival come from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm confused! what's going on? there might be a new "pop" festival, is that replacing Oxegen? is EP even going ahead? where the hell did this festival come from?

This new festival will be more like EP/Forbbiden Fruit , while there are rumours of a EDM/Pop festival taking place in Punchestown (which by the looks of it a replacement for Oxegen)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

This new festival will be more like EP/Forbbiden Fruit , while there are rumours of a EDM/Pop festival taking place in Punchestown (which by the looks of it a replacement for Oxegen)
    Yeah I hope this ain't oxegens replacement...
    Seen as I'm more into EDM so I'm not really into bands like elbow,well maybe I am just never heard of them

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Always fancied going to Latitude so this would be perfect for me. Was expecting to do EP this year but if this goes ahead it would probably suit better

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Always fancied going to Latitude so this would be perfect for me. Was expecting to do EP this year but if this goes ahead it would probably suit better

its the ultimate chill out festival. babies everywhere ages group is about 3yrs old to 70, cyrstal castles played one year on the main stage in the middle of the day... and awful lot of families with picnic rugs, scattered awful quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Confirmed for Marlay Park on July 19 - 21, line up announced next Wednesday.

Edit:

11030_10151460735209548_1038691716_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Cool. Wonder if this will damage crowds for EP and Westport house much.

Had a quick search and saw that it's on this booking agency's website, I dunno how long it has been up.
    IMG_00000018.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Mmoths is an Electric Picnic regular. Very talented artist at that.

Anyone want to make any guesses at potential headliners or other acts?

I wonder why the festival is going ahead so close to oxegen

from all indications, they'll cater to extremely different markets, so i doubt it's much of a thought really.
    it's also sort of half way between Forbidden fruit and Electric Picnic, which seem like its 2 closest competitors.

• Advertisement

Polar opposite target markets Id imagine.

Oxegen looks like It'll be aimed at the Dance, Pop and Hip/Hop markets.
    Longtitude to be aimed at the Indie market.

Most of the Oxegen goers will be the chartshow listeners who without any disrespect to them would probably not even heard of many of the longtitude bands which will be announced so they wont have to worry about losing out on any sales anyway.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Bands I'm guessing will be in with a shout of making an appearance:

Kraftwerk
    My Bloody Valentine (Would be surprised but one can hope)
    Atoms for Peace
    Phoenix
    Foals
    The Charlatans
    Alt-J
    Bloc Party
    Tame Impala
    The Flaming Lips
    Jake Bugg
    Yo Le Tengo

Think bands like The Strokes and The Stone Roses will be too big for this?

Morrison J wrote: »
    Mmoths is an Electric Picnic regular. Very talented artist at that.

Anyone want to make any guesses at potential headliners or other acts?

I'll pick Five Artists as the MAIN acts at this festival. I'll be wrong though, I'm sh1t at this kind of thing.

Aphex Twin
    Atoms For Peace
    My Bloody Valentine
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    The Knife

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I didn't think there would be camping in Marlay Park. I think it could possibly have no camping and people just come each day, just because of where it is. I could be very wrong though cause this wouldn't work for people outside driving distance really. Has there ever been camping in Marlay park before?

same weekend as Bennicasim, lineup so far

cartel-noche.jpg

e: and Lovebox, which hasn't announced their lineup, but here's last year's:
    http://sbtv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/POSTER.jpeg

CiaranK wrote: »
    I didn't think there would be camping in Marlay Park. I think it could possibly have no camping and people just come each day, just because of where it is. I could be very wrong though cause this wouldn't work for people outside driving distance really. Has there ever been camping in Marlay park before?
    i would be hugely surprised if there was camping at it.
    in and out every day, music over by 11, same as Forbidden Fruit/usual gigs there, as it's in a residential area.

Just my personal taste but if It's similar to Bennicasim with the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Dizziee Rascal and The Killers this wont interest me in the slightest. I personally don't think it will share much of that line-up though, hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

"Save the dates, they will be very special" sound's like it's written on a product that comes from Asia with the weird english translation.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Just my personal taste but if It's similar to Bennicasim with the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Dizziee Rascal and The Killers this wont interest me in the slightest. I personally don't think it will share much of that line-up though, hopefully!

i doubt it will have the headliners, but probably a few of the mid/lower level acts, of the Jake Bugg/Courteeners/Hurts/AlunaGeorge/Palma Violets type, as they seem to be typical Latitude-esque acts from last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Corholio wrote: »
    "Save the dates, they will be very special" sound's like it's written on a product that comes from Asia with the weird english translation.
    I'd imagine it'll b the same lineup as latitude? Rumoured to be kraftwerk and pet shop boys on efestivals

Advertisement