Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

coconutpie wrote: »
    I'd agree with this but it was a bit of false advertising on previous posters saying that "It's more than just a music festival".
    i presume that they're going to announce the comedy and other art-y bits separately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I can only afford to go for one day but which day to pick!!

Foals, Jake Bugg, Tom Odell, Soak & Matt Corby on Friday.

Vampire weekend, Maccabees, Local Natives on Saturday.

Kraftwerk, Yeah yeah yeahs and modest mouse on Sunday.

Too hard to pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

around 18 acts each day, doesn't really seem like enough for 3 music stages...

Yeah I've a Saturday ticket, 4/5 bands I'd like to see, hopefully they won't all be on at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

I don't think so. From their facebook page "Here it is folks! The full lineup AND day-by-day breakdown for Longitude!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone wanna take a stab at a Spotify playlist for it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Risteard01

Well I got some wrong but I'm very happy with the Sunday breakdown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Sunday is easily the best day.

Of course it's also the day of my sister's wedding.

Too bad I'll miss it.

I'm sure I would have really enjoyed seeing her walk up the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

The lineup for Sunday is pretty great.

Hoping Cast of Cheers aren't on at the same time as Phoenix on the Friday, always love seeing them live

Mainly going for Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Modest Mouse, Hot Chip, Yeah yeah Yeahs and Kraftwerk. Any other bands I should give a listen to before I go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

The lineup for Sunday is pretty great.

Hoping Cast of Cheers aren't on at the same time as Phoenix on the Friday, always love seeing them live

Mainly going for Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Modest Mouse, Hot Chip, Yeah yeah Yeahs and Kraftwerk. Any other bands I should give a listen to before I go?

I would say there's a reasonable chance that Modest Mouse, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Kraftwerk will be on at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

LeftBlank wrote: »
    I would say there's a reasonable chance that Modest Mouse, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Kraftwerk will be on at the same time.

That's what I'm thinking too, and they're 3 of the main bands I'd be going to see. Although with Kraftwerk closing the festival (I'm guessing) they might be on a little later than others, so the whole crowd finishes at the one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

LeftBlank wrote: »

I'd probably go to Yeah Yeah Yeahs then, hoping I at least get to see two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

I'd imagine two of those three could clash but not all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mrporro

Sunday definitely the standout day, was hoping they'd add Steve Mason to Sunday as well but i'm not complaining about that lineup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

How will transport work out for this. I read that shuttle buses ran from Georges Quay last time Marley park was used for gigs.Website didnt show transport times or return fares. Also, do Dublin bus put on any extra buses on their routes serving Marley Park?
    Steve Mason would have been some addition to the Sunday, hopefully he will come our way sometime this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The addition of Maccabees, Japandroids and le galaxie (all definite sees for me) has me satisfied, but to announce 90% of the lineup, and then say 'Many more acts to come' won't really make Longitude any friends I don't think...

Would have loved Alt-J, James Blake and Beach House to drop in from Latitude, but can't get too greedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

MattD wrote: »
    The addition of Maccabees, Japandroids and le galaxie (all definite sees for me) has me satisfied, but to announce 90% of the lineup, and then say 'Many more acts to come' won't really make Longitude any friends I don't think...

Would have loved Alt-J, James Blake and Beach House to drop in from Latitude, but can't get too greedy!

Beach house are playing in Dublin on July 20 in the Iveagh gardens, might get one or two latitude acts supporting but not as big as alt j

Not really sure of your point, seeing as I'll be, you know, at Longitude that day...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

MattD wrote: »
    Not really sure of your point, seeing as I'll be, you know, at Longitude that day...!

The point is who's going to pay 35 euro to see Beach house the same weekend as longitude, if Beach house were going to be playing longitude the day before or after and it only cost €55 to see them and way more bands.

Ha, Ok, that's fair! As I said, I'm not disappointed , but Longitude definitely gave the impression that there'd be a good bit more to come, and with the Latitude lineup and comedy lineups and stuff there to get people excited and speculating, I can see this being a big grumbling point for people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah, the point Matt makes about the "many more to be announced" is a fair one, they added very very little of relevance today.

But I must say I was delighted with the original names. I think people complaining are missing the point. It's a small festival, I doubt there are going to be any clashes of note at all. I've been to similar sized festivals abroad and none of the major names ever clashed. Going by that assumption, €135 is majorly cheap to see 11 bands I very much would pay 20 or 30 to see no bother - them being the top 4 names on Friday, 5 on Sunday, and 2 on Saturday. Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    I was talking to Lianne La Havas' band (and Lianne) after their gig in the Olympia a few weeks ago and her drummer was talking to us about what festivals they were doing this summer and he mentioned Longitude. And then some other guy, perhaps her tour manager, joined the conversation and said that they were in talks with Longitude and he seemed fairly confident that it would happen.

And I know many people in these threads say they "know" someone or "hear" things but that's the truth. I ain't one to lie. And neither do I see the point in making up rumours and posting them in one of these threads. :)

And I hope she's plays too, she's amazing live. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. And it would mean that there would be at least three acts that I'd like to see at Longitude (the others being Jessie Ware and AlunaGeorge). If they all somehow ended playing on the same day, that'd be great, I'd definitely go then.

No Lianne La Havas. I am surprised. :(

I might be interested in going on the Friday though, with Jessie Ware, AlunaGeorge and Tom Odell playing. Anyone know the likelihood that two of them, or even three, could clash?

And I assume we won't find out the actual times that each act is playing at, until a few days before? And by that point, is it probably going to be sold out?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

How will transport work out for this. I read that shuttle buses ran from Georges Quay last time Marley park was used for gigs.Website didnt show transport times or return fares. Also, do Dublin bus put on any extra buses on their routes serving Marley Park?
    Steve Mason would have been some addition to the Sunday, hopefully he will come our way sometime this year

What are the relevant bus routes? I'm new to Dublin and wouldn't trust the route planner app as far as I could throw it...

I'm just super excited about the Funeral Suits and Villagers playing the same day as my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Went to see Green Day in Marlay Park a few years ago, I got a route 16 bus into Rathfarnham and a shuttle bus back into town. Cost 6 euro to get back into town on it, I'm not sure whether that was single or return tbh.
    They'll have extra bus routes like the 16, and others that run out near Marlay Park on the weekend. :)

If that helps try figure out costs. :P

What are the relevant bus routes? I'm new to Dublin and wouldn't trust the route planner app as far as I could throw it...

I'm just super excited about the Funeral Suits and Villagers playing the same day as my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! :cool:

16 would be the main one. Goes from the airport, through town along O'Connell st > Dame St > Georges st > South Circular > Harolds Cross > Terenure Rathfarnham > MARLAY PARK > Balinteer (or at least that's the basic gist of it)

If you are coming from rathmines or thereabouts one of the 15s might also work. But woulnd't go as close to the park.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you are getting the shuttle bus that MCD might put on like last year for Kasabian in Marlay make sure you buy/pre-book them when they go on sale . We thought you could get them at the bus stop like previous years but sadly we were wrong . We ended up getting the 16 bus which took the bones of nearly and hour to get to Marlay in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Weird, the banner at the top of this page is advising me that Kelly's buses are running shuttles to Longitude...they've become self aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Kraftwerk just changed their Facebook event page for their Longtitude appearance to say their set starts at 11pm. I imagine that can't be right because 11pm would be the curfew time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

the 16 drops you to the door of the park and the 14 drops you 5 min walk away or the luas from dundrum is a 15 min walk

Advertisement