Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Whats the craic with comedy line ups?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Anyone know when stage times are released?

Really hoping there's no major clashes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd imagine they'll announce comedy lineups soonish. Stage times are usually released closer to the weekend of the festival. You're lucky if the release them a week ahead of time.

As long as Vampire Weekend don't clash with Tribes I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any word/rumours on replacements for Modest Mouse yet?

I see Latitude added Texas, King Charles and Allison Belstom to their lineup today and also announced some of their arts stages.

• Advertisement

I was just thinking that since the shuttle bus service is running from Custom House Quay, the Jacobs Inn nearby would be an ideal place to stay if you're on a budget and coming up from the down the country for Longitude. There's also a few other hostels nearby and loads of B&Bs on Gardiner St.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Looking at Latitude and lineup is pretty damn slick, but much more pricey.. pay for what you get i guess. COmedy line up in itself is fairly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

NEW ADDITIONS TO Longitude Festival: Frightened Rabbit and The Minutes will play at Marlay Park on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Bit disappointing considering how big an act Modest Mouse were.

Feels like The Minutes have been following me around for the past year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Don't know either of them bands! Don't mind since didn't know much of MM either. Mainly just going for Kraftwerk. Any idea how long it'd take to get back into Dublin? Half hour or that? Never really been out in Dublin so be cool if they set up some sort of nightclub afterparty like FF had.

• Advertisement

It's been a few years since I was at a gig at Marlay Park but I seem to remember it took maybe 30-45 minutes to get back into town with the bus service they had that day.

35 mins from Marley to Dublin City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Underwhelmed by the new additions. Modest Mouse pulling out is a big disappointment. Ah well, if Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Hot Chip don't clash I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Chris Baio of Vampire Weekend is DJing in the Twisted Pepper on the Saturday night. Space Dimension Controller playing there that night too :)
    http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3892/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Pity about Modest Mouse! was thinking about going the Sunday just for them. New additions are a bit MEH, Frightened Rabbit are OK but not a patch on the similar but much more exciting The Twilight Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Underwhelmed by the new additions. Modest Mouse pulling out is a big disappointment. Ah well, if Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Hot Chip don't clash I'll be happy.

In exactly the same boat as you! Was really looking forward to Modest Mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

In exactly the same boat as you! Was really looking forward to Modest Mouse.

Yeah big shame. Saw them in the academy and they were great a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Delighted with frightened rabbit playing! Although would have preferred them on one of the other days since in only really planning on going to one and the other acts on Sunday aren't really my cup of tea. (modest mouse would have been my previous reason for considering Sunday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

There's a rumour going around that The Stone Roses are being added to the bill. Think something was said on Today FM last week. Anyone know any more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Synode wrote: »
    There's a rumour going around that The Stone Roses are being added to the bill. Think something was said on Today FM last week. Anyone know any more about it?

Was apparently for the other marlay park thing happening in August.

• Advertisement

What other thing? Can't find any reference to gigs in Marley in August. Also, I'll be well pissed off if they have the park closed on two weekends over the summer. One is enough

What other thing? Can't find any reference to gigs in Marley in August. Also, I'll be well pissed off if they have the park closed on two weekends over the summer. One is enough

Mcd have applied,to host 2 days of music on august 3rd and 4th in marlay park also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rumour that they're moving oxegen because of poor ticket sales. Same company, same weekend.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rumour that they're moving oxegen because of poor ticket sales. Same company, same weekend.

Hot press & MTV have both said oxegen is staying put & marlay park is a whole new event.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, Radiohead, Bowie and Daft Punk are playing the Monday alongside them.

With the Clash (hologram of Joe Strummer), Queen (hologram of Freddie Mercury) and Led Zeppelin (hologram version).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Golem

Long shot but did anyone enter the Sunday Times 'Sunday Club' competition for Longitude tickets? The access code was published in last week's paper but I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Golem wrote: »
    Long shot but did anyone enter the Sunday Times 'Sunday Club' competition for Longitude tickets? The access code was published in last week's paper but I missed it.

I did indeed, no luck as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can't imagine too many weekend tickets will sell for this. It's an awful nuisance to leave and come back each day. Especially if you're wrecked. And especially for people from outside of Dublin. Finding a place to stay near Marlay would be very expensive unless you know someone. At least when there's camping you just keep going with the flow.

Do you reckon there'll be many skangers at this? Thinking of the Saturday. Want to see Kalbrenner and Trentmoller.

Everyone knows the scum come out on a Saturday :pac:

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »

Do you reckon there'll be many skangers at this?

Doubt it. Probably be packed of the usual Urban Outfitter/Topman clad halfwits though :D

Advertisement