Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

But it's not exactly an Oxegen kind of line up. Not exactly Lisa Lashes and Judge Jules or Fatboy Slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I'd say yer average knackerjack has never even heard of Kraftwerk. Not expecting any trouble.

Ha ha, truth hopefully. How many stages/tents are there and how long do you reckon Kalkbrenner would get to play for? 1 hour?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kraggy wrote: »
    Ha ha, truth hopefully. How many stages/tents are there and how long do you reckon Kalkbrenner would get to play for? 1 hour?

3 stages i think? Main/Tent/Comedy Tent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

My dads working at this so looks like its the Oxegen booze lineup of Heineken/Coors/Murphys Stout/Tiger/Wine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

3 stages i think? Main/Tent/Comedy Tent

According to the application, it's 5 stages in total, three music stages and two multi-arts stages:

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/06/05/the-five-stages-of-longitude-and-august-shows-for-marlay-park

What time do you reckon it'll finish up on the Saturday? Just thinking about places to stay.

What time do you reckon it'll finish up on the Saturday? Just thinking about places to stay.

10.30 curfew I'd imagine

As per the link above, 11pm.

JJ wrote: »
    As per the link above, 11pm.

Sorry, should have read the kink properly.

11's quite early. Would nearly try to get the bus back home to the west at midnight. Doubt we'd get in anywhere in Dublin after a day of drinking and dancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its usually fine to get last bus into town after the gigs.

I'd imagine there will be a few DJ sets in town each night from acts playing that day, ala Forbidden Fruit.

Yeah I think I saw one of Vampire Weekend doing a DJ set in town on Sat, Twisted Pepper possibly

Speaking of Dublin clubs, been years since I've lived up there.

What club would you recommend for electro/minimal/techno etc? I'm thinking everything from Maceo Plex to Kalbrenner to Nicolas jaar to Berghain/Berlin type stuff.

Thanks.

What club would you recommend for electro/minimal/techno etc? I'm thinking everything from Maceo Plex to Kalbrenner to Nicolas jaar to Berghain/Berlin type stuff.

Thanks.

Hidden Agenda in The Button Factory on a Saturday night is your only man

11's quite early. Would nearly try to get the bus back home to the west at midnight. Doubt we'd get in anywhere in Dublin after a day of drinking and dancing.

11's the standard festival closing time generally. Considering they usually start around 2, that's enough for me for one day.

The Workmans and Twisted Pepper are both putting on aftershow parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Clemenza wrote: »
    The Workmans and Twisted Pepper are both putting on aftershow parties.

TP have Chris Baio (Vampire Weekend) playing on the Saturday, are his DJ sets any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Thanks.
    Twisted Pepper is easily the front runner for that in Dublin. Kennedys, Grand Social and the Button Factory have some decent stuff every now and again too.

TP have Chris Baio (Vampire Weekend) playing on the Saturday, are his DJ sets any use?

To be honest, I find most DJ sets from guys in famous bands to be self indulgent b*llocks.

On a Saturday night in Dublin I still maintain Whelans in Wexford Street if you want to get drunk and pogo to indie classics :)

Hidden Agenda in The Button Factory on a Saturday night is your only man

I looked them up and it seems that it's only on once every couple of months. Think there's one next week and then none til August.

Twisted Pepper looks good. Is it a decent venue? What time do they finish usually? 2.30?

And I have to agree with the poster who says that members of bands who DJ tend to be either crap or self-indulgent twats.

Usually that is.

My memory of Electric Picnic etc is a bit hazy, but how long do the DJs who play these things usually play for? The bigger names I mean. Can't wait to see Kalbrenner and Trentmoller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Twisted Pepper is easily the front runner for that in Dublin. Kennedys, Grand Social and the Button Factory have some decent stuff every now and again too.

Pygmalion has got some great acts in the last few months too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

LostArt wrote: »
    Pygmalion has got some great acts in the last few months too.
    forgot about Pygmalion. I saw they have Benoit & Sergio coming soon, which I'll try to get along to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Twisted Pepper looks good. Is it a decent venue? What time do they finish usually? 2.30?

2:30 if I remember right. Venue has two rooms, upstairs there's a stage area and down stairs is usually the dj venue, really low roof, right sweat box, great for some techno & electro.

My memory of Electric Picnic etc is a bit hazy, but how long do the DJs who play these things usually play for? The bigger names I mean. Can't wait to see Kalbrenner and Trentmoller.

Depends - if its a live set you'll get an hour at most, if its a dj set you should get 90 minutes or more

Twisted Pepper and The Grand Social are literally a 15 second walk apart from each other so.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Twisted Pepper and The Grand Social are literally a 15 second walk apart from each other so.......

Plus the workmans is pretty close too

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Does anyone know if here are more acts to be announced for this?

From looking at the line-ups on the poster it doesn't look to me like you would fill three stages for three days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

has anyone else notice how pyg has attracted a weird crowd lately??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Does anyone know if here are more acts to be announced for this?

From looking at the line-ups on the poster it doesn't look to me like you would fill three stages for three days.

No I doubt there will be any more added, its got roughly the same amount of acts per day as forbidden fruit which was 3 stages also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

A V A wrote: »

yep, but the standard of dj's they've been getting has improved massively. Goes hand in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

just know its full of hipsters

• Advertisement

Crowd has always been a curious choice of oddness there

Bang tidy birds though!

Advertisement