Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seeing as the capacity is 10,000, that will be more than decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Any official word on same?

Nope, you gotta just keep checking the FB and Twitter pages for Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

seeing as the capacity is 10,000, that will be more than decent!

Surely it's the equivalent of 10k tickets per day when the weekend tickets and day passes are added together, so 30k over the weekend no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Surely it's the equivalent of 10k tickets per day when the weekend tickets and day passes are added together, so 30k over the weekend no?

That's what I was thinking.

30k max attendees, yeah, there isn't 30k tickets though.
    i read somewhere it's 7.5k weekend ones, then 3x2.5k day tickets, so 16k tickets total.

according to Jim Carroll a few weeks ago, it was selling poorly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

30k max attendees, yeah, there isn't 30k tickets though.
    i read somewhere it's 7.5k weekend ones, then 3x2.5k day tickets, so 16k tickets total.

according to Jim Carroll a few weeks ago, it was selling poorly.

may have been better to spread it over two days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

JJ wrote: »
    In order to keep a constant stream of updates, they keep posting videos and pictures of the acts that are playing. They still have yet to post the one thing people really want to know and that's the timetable.

They are always reluctant to release this in advance because the poster lineup packed with 15 names suddenly reveals itself to be actually only 5 you can see. Standard practice at this point to sit on it till at least the week of the festival. Depending on sales/weather etc they could even hold it to the last minute (did Camden Crawl ever publish theirs?)

Toast wrote: »
    They are always reluctant to release this in advance because the poster lineup packed with 15 names suddenly reveals itself to be actually only 5 you can see. Standard practice at this point to sit on it till at least the week of the festival. Depending on sales/weather etc they could even hold it to the last minute (did Camden Crawl ever publish theirs?)
    yes, about 2 weeks before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

yes, about 2 weeks before the event.

I went back to check and finally found it in the "news" section and not in the "info" or "line up" sections which it reasonably would have been expected to be. I gave it a miss thanks to not being able to find it back in May.

www.redbull.com/ie/en/music/stories/1331599532485/longitude-red-bull-music-academy

RBMA LINE UP:

Friday 19th: Krystal Klear, Colm K, Toby Kaar, Shane Linehan, Cian Byrne

Saturday 20th: Kormac (DJ set), Frank B, Unknown, Bobofunk, Brame, Cillo

Sunday 21st: New Jackson, TR One, Barry Redsetta, Nialler 9, Lunar Disko, Donal Mooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Forbidden Fruit stage times not announced till 23rd May, just over a week before it started so I guess this be the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

www.redbull.com/ie/en/music/stories/1331599532485/longitude-red-bull-music-academy

RBMA LINE UP:

Friday 19th: Krystal Klear, Colm K, Toby Kaar, Shane Linehan, Cian Byrne

Saturday 20th: Kormac (DJ set), Frank B, Unknown, Bobofunk, Brame, Cillo

Sunday 21st: New Jackson, TR One, Barry Redsetta, Nialler 9, Lunar Disko, Donal Mooney

sick of the same repetitive djs that play dublin:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

On the Friday is if Foals followed by Phoenix? Wow if so..That's something I've been thinking would be great for ages now!

A V A wrote: »
    sick of the same repetitive djs that play dublin:rolleyes:
    yeah, would have liked if they gave a few different names a chance, but i guess this will be a pretty small stage, and probably organised as a bit of an afterthought, so just booking the usual proven DJs is easiest. I know Krystal Klear is slightly out of the ordinary, but he's been back here enough times this year that he's beginning to feel like one of the usual Dublin crew again :D

that said, if I have gaps in the day from the main stages, I'll probably drop in on Toby Kaar, Kormac, Frank B, Bobofunk, Brame, New Jackson, and most of the rest are solid enough. wasn't too impressed with KK at Life though.

i dont mean to be rude or diss any of the dj's that are on the line up, they deserve to be there, but there are other great dj's/producers in the ireland that could be given a chance rather than the same line up!! me personally im sick of hearing KK,he's like the u2 of the irish dj world :rolleyes:

frank b is good, i just wish he did alot more ,for someone who only has 2 or 3 tracks ,there an awfull amount of hype around him but. . . they are good tracks tho :p id love to hear more from him

i also am surprised that mmoths isnt on this bill,he seems to be plastered on every irish festival

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i dont mean to be rude or diss any of the dj's that are on the line up, they deserve to be there, but there are other great dj's/producers in the ireland that could be given a chance rather than the same line up!! me personally im sick of hearing KK,he's like the u2 of the irish dj world :rolleyes:

frank b is good, i just wish he did alot more ,for someone who only has 2 or 3 tracks ,there an awfull amount of hype around him but. . . they are good tracks tho :p id love to hear more from him

i also am surprised that mmoths isnt on this bill,he seems to be plastered on every irish festival

He is playing the 1st day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Is this current indie kid dance phase likely to end anytime soon?

He is playing the 1st day

dont know how i missed that but there you go :rolleyes:

saw him at Body&Soul and he was ****.
    new songs are a bit post-rock-ish, but not very good, and the older stuff is just boring now as it's been the same thing live for ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I saw him opening for xx at the olympia this year and I was actually pretty impressed. Granted I hadn't seen him live before that, but I thought the Post-Rock was very impressive, if not a bit drawn out (which I feel occurs with live post rock bands in general).

• Advertisement

Strange mew direction for Kraftwerk: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/kraftwerk-goes-acoustic-2012121353169

Was really looking forward to seeing them so hope they still put on a good show!

Strange mew direction for Kraftwerk: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/kraftwerk-goes-acoustic-2012121353169

Was really looking forward to seeing them so hope they still put on a good show!

thats fcukin bullsh*t!! they decide to tell us this now????? not being funny but i bought the ticket so i could see them do their full act!! i dont want to see them do acoustic !!!im so p*ssed off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I sense a hoax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's tongue in cheek lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thats fcukin bullsh*t!! they decide to tell us this now????? not being funny but i bought the ticket so i could see them do their full act!! i dont want to see them do acoustic !!!im so p*ssed off :mad:
    Good grief :rolleyes:

awful lot of ticket giveaways going for this now....

Mushy wrote: »
    I sense a hoax!
    I prefer the term 'ruse'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

awful lot of ticket giveaways going for this now....

tell us where. i could do with a bit of luck. trying to scrape a few bob together for me and my son, saturday or sunday would be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Giveaways are normal. Even loads of them.

Do you reckon I'll get a ticket if I leave it til next tuesday? Going on the Saturday as I want to see Kalkbrenner and trentmoller. Sunday looks better overall but I was supposed to see Kalkbrenner before and he couldnt make it cause of the big snow 3 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lots of early birds on toutless

Advertisement