Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

emo72 wrote: »
    tell us where. i could do with a bit of luck. trying to scrape a few bob together for me and my son, saturday or sunday would be grand.
    Phantom every day, GoldenPlec, Nialler9, entertainment.ie, Deezer, probably other radio stations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I sense/hope/reckon the timetable should be with us very soonish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

i'm praying there are no clashes. There should be no reason a small festival with a small lineup and small crowd should have ANY clashes of note. If Phoenix/Django/Foals clash in any way I will be sooooo annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i'm praying there are no clashes. There should be no reason a small festival with a small lineup and small crowd should have ANY clashes of note. If Phoenix/Django/Foals clash in any way I will be sooooo annoyed!

Clashes almost look unavoidable for the Sunday though.. Kraftwerk, Yeah Yeah Yeah's and Hot Chip definitely at least one of them going to be missed :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

As long I get to see Tribes and Vampire Weekend on the Saturday ill be happy!

• Advertisement

If Forbidden Fruit is anything to go by, the top two acts each night should be the last two acts on the main stage each night, so there shouldn't be schedule conflicts there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Clashes almost look unavoidable for the Sunday though.. Kraftwerk, Yeah Yeah Yeah's and Hot Chip definitely at least one of them going to be missed :(

I see no reason why they can't be the last 3 acts on the main stage.

I see no reason why they can't be the last 3 acts on the main stage.

Here's hoping, but i doubt it!

Latitude had a lot of clashes last year so I'm pessimistic

Just looking at the Latitude details from last year - timetable released on the 11th festival started on the 13th, so might be an indicator of no timetable till next Wednesday at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Here's the linup for Latitude - http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up/latitude-lineup-poster-2013

Last 3 bands on the Saturday - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hot Chip, Kraftwerk.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Last 3 bands on the Saturday - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hot Chip, Kraftwerk.:cool:

Ya but they also have Alt J playing, who headline another stage. So i imagine Hot Chip/Yeah Yeah Yeahs will be manning another stage while the other is on just before Kraftwerk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

There's a nice enough aul lineup, especially on Saturday and Sunday. I'd be tempted if I didn't already have 101 gigs this summer including Electric Picnic. Lack of camping too is a bit of a balls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Would've been handy if it was on this weekend, what with the weather.

No doubt we'll have to suffer a 3 day deluge next weekend

Long range forecast on the Weather Channel says Friday week should be partly sunny and about 20 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

JJ wrote: »
    Long range forecast on the Weather Channel says Friday week should be partly sunny and about 20 degrees.

Wouldn't get the sunglasses ready just yet! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Is it my imagination or was flume supposed to be playing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://entertainment.ie/summerfestivals/music-festivals-2013-news/Introducing-Heineken-Live-Project-stage-at-Longitude/11/200550.htm
    We're only a handful of sleeps away from the first ever Longitude festival in Dublin's Marlay Park. The newbie on the festival scene has garnered a heap of attention ahead of its unveiling, principally surrounding the stellar nature of its line-up. Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Kraftwerk, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Villagers and Django Django among the heady list of acts on the bill...but the fun isn't confined to just the main stage.

The Heineken Live Project stage will host some of the world's most popular electronic and live acts, including: Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Paul Kalkbrenner, SBTRKT, Trentemoller, MØ, Jessie Ware, Mmoths, Gold Panda, Young Wonder and Flume.

The Heineken Eco Exchange will be in place this year. An eco-initiative which rewards eco-conscious festival goers with prizes for returning 20 used plastic pint glasses, it's always been a bit of fun in the past and this year winners will spin a prize wheel where they can instantly win prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

The website is a bit confusing so I'll ask here, does anyone know if you can bring alcohol in? The website says you can't bring excessive amounts in, then directly below that says you can't bring any.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

OhHiMark wrote: »
    The website is a bit confusing so I'll ask here, does anyone know if you can bring alcohol in? The website says you can't bring excessive amounts in, then directly below that says you can't bring any.

Possibly they mean Marlay Park for the first bit and the actual gig for the second bit? Gardai were searching people on entry to phoenix park yesterday for JT.

OhHiMark wrote: »

The answer to that would be no. Under "Things You Can't Bring" it says you can't bring in cans, alcohol, opened plastic drinks bottles or drinks bottles over 500ml in size and only sealed plastic bottles of water 500ml or under and sealed cartons of juice will be permitted into the arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Looks like a lot of the information pages are copied from the Latitude site, where they have camping and probably slightly different rules. I would imagine over there that you can bring alcohol into the campsite but not into the arena.

I would be very surprised if you were allowed to bring alcohol in at all at Longitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Is it my imagination or was flume supposed to be playing this?
    They are still on the website listed as playing on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

They are still on the website listed as playing on the Sunday

so he is! kept missing him when scanning the lineup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

would you say foals and phoenix will clash?? i hope not id love to check out phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

A V A wrote: »
    would you say foals and phoenix will clash?? i hope not id love to check out phoenix

Theres a rumour that Foals aren't playing at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

that must be bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

daveyeh wrote: »
    Theres a rumour that Foals aren't playing at all.
    Where you hearing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Where you hearing this?

Friend of a friend type thing, could be bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

daveyeh wrote: »
    Friend of a friend type thing, could be bull****.
    hope so!

1073733_488323294575647_2026117510_o.jpg

• Advertisement

That looks like a good setup with plenty of space between most stages so the sound doesn't overlap.

Advertisement