Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Psyched for this now. Knacker drinking walking to it from Sandyford all 3 days, hopefully the weather is nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Wann sind kraftwerk passendes auf der Bühne?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Foals and White Collar Boy are playing an afterparty somewhere on the Friday. presumably just a DJ set...

https://www.facebook.com/whitecollarboyy/posts/510807432323637
    After a brief venture down to Inis Oirr, we're getting ready now for a few dates starting with Longitude Festival next Friday and its after party that night with ourselves and Foals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Wattle wrote: »
    Wann sind kraftwerk passendes auf der Bühne?

Stage times haven't been announced yet but they'll probably be on at around 9pm on the Sunday.

JJ wrote: »
    Stage times haven't been announced yet but they'll probably be on at around 9pm on the Sunday.

Danke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think they are doing themselves a disservice by leaving the stage times so late. I'm sure there are people out there who are holding off on buying a ticket based on whether 2 of their favourites don't clash.

Also, is there a regular bus from Sandyford to grange road? i tried making sense of the dublin bus website but it drove me to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think they are doing themselves a disservice by leaving the stage times so late. I'm sure there are people out there who are holding off on buying a ticket based on whether 2 of their favourites don't clash.
    i read before that that's often why festivals leave it so late if they're not sold out, hoping more people buy tickets (thinking that it may sellout before the times are announced) before announcing the inevitable clashes.

that said, with the Heineken stage seemingly being all electronic music, and the Woodlands Stage looking like the smallest one, I can't really imagine any major clashes for most people....

Also, is there a regular bus from Sandyford to grange road? i tried making sense of the dublin bus website but it drove me to drink.

The 75 from Sandyford industrial estate or Kilmacud Road will get you there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

:rolleyes::rolleyes: for fcuk sake!!!

I implore you all to check out Tribes, brilliant live band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr. Mojo Risin

I saw on Jake Bugg's FB page earlier that he is on at 7pm on Friday. People reckon that's accurate enough? I have a 2yr old and he loves him, want to bring him and 7 is a reasonable time but if it's going to be any later I won't take him along.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I saw on Jake Bugg's FB page earlier that he is on at 7pm on Friday. People reckon that's accurate enough? I have a 2yr old and he loves him, want to bring him and 7 is a reasonable time but if it's going to be any later I won't take him along.

thats the coolest thing in the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

You Sir, are an excellent parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr. Mojo Risin

Ha ha - cheers guys...I have a feeling he's already too cool for me and I slightly embarrass him!

He'd melt with excitement if he got to see JB live!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Laura Mvula has pulled out due to logistical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Laura Mvula cancelled for next weekend, 'logistical issues' seemingly

Wouldn't have minded checking her out but plenty else to keep me going

Shame about Laura Mvula her album is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Ah that was half the reason I was interested in Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

they might add a new act? Please please please add Gaz Coombes! He's playing Latitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know of anything going on afterwards on the Sunday? Everything I've seen has been for the other nights and with it being a work day on Monday, there doesn't seem to be much. I have the next day off, so doubt I'll be ready to go home at 10.30 or whatever (though knowing how these things go, probably well after midnight by the time I can get back into Dublin :))

• Advertisement

Anyone know of anything going on afterwards on the Sunday? Everything I've seen has been for the other nights and with it being a work day on Monday, there doesn't seem to be much. I have the next day off, so doubt I'll be ready to go home at 10.30 or whatever (though knowing how these things go, probably well after midnight by the time I can get back into Dublin :))

Pygmalion on a Sunday is usually great, probably have something after show related in there

Also The Workmans Club

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Cool, will check that out.

(love your usename, by the way:))

Cool, will check that out.

(love your usename, by the way:))

Is that you, Godfather? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Think I'll head along to this on the Sunday.

Anyone know what the story is with transport to and from Marlay Park? Are there any extra busses being put on?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Found this on their website
    Customs House Quay to Marlay Park:

13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00

Marlay Park to Customs House Quay:

From 22:00 onwards

Return Tickets only being sold at €10 on the day or €9 for advanced online booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Miprocin wrote: »
    Found this on their website

you can get the 16 from O'Connell and Dame Street every 30 mins or so to Marlay park for no more than 2.50. Return will be more of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Yay, got passes for this for the weekend!! Just made a playlist on Spotify cos I'm not sure who a lot of the bands are (I'm getting old) and liking what I'm hearing so far. Any recommendations to add to the list to get me in the mood??? And the weather forecast is looking scorchio!!
    Looking forward to Django Django.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Yay, got passes for this for the weekend!! Just made a playlist on Spotify cos I'm not sure who a lot of the bands are (I'm getting old) and liking what I'm hearing so far. Any recommendations to add to the list to get me in the mood??? And the weather forecast is looking scorchio!!
    Looking forward to Django Django.

Tribes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Clemenza wrote: »
    Tribes!

Got an introductory song you would recommend? :D

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Got an introductory song you would recommend? :D

:)

Advertisement