Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Longitude: 'more than just a music festival', we have beer and food too, which really sets us apart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Trying to figure where Laura Mvula was going to be on the Saturday. Vann seem to be the replacement? Doubt it was the hour and a half "unknown" slot on the Red Bull stage. I'd almost be happier knowing she would have clashed with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

http://clashfinder.com/s/lfest2013/

Apologies if I made any mistakes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Where in the jaysus is Tribes?!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

TRIBES ON THE SATURDAY?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

bit odd having Le Galaxie first thing on Saturday, when they were last on the dance stage at EP last year and are much more of an "end of the night" act....

Not a bit odd, VERY odd. Definitely a band you want to here later in the evening, getting you pumped up with energy. Not at 2pm. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

bit odd having Le Galaxie first thing on Saturday, when they were last on the dance stage at EP last year and are much more of an "end of the night" act....

I wonder is there any chance Le Galaxie will be playing at one of the afterparties?

If they're not then the 2pm slot is an f'in joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Larianne wrote: »
    Not a bit odd, VERY odd. Definitely a band you want to here later in the evening, getting you pumped up with energy. Not at 2pm. Very strange.

May be a ploy to get people in early and buying beer. Is re entry allowed actuallly?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Sunday's main stage is fantastic probably spend all day there

Friday definitely seeing Cast of Cheers, AlunaGeorge, Jessie Ware and Phoenix
    Saturday so far Le Galaxie, Villagers and Vampire Weekend

Anyone got an recommendations to flesh out the Friday and Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Going to be heading to this on the Saturday I think, the only thing is that I'm working until 4 that day. I'm only really interested in seeing Villagers and Vampire Weekend, so do you reckon I'd be safe to get to town from work (about 40 minutes) and then get the shuttle bus over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

May be a ploy to get people in early and buying beer. Is re entry allowed actuallly?

Only if you have the 3 day wrist band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

looking forward to this…

so any tips on good clubs/bar's to go to afterwards? where wristbands are appreciated perhaps???

sporina wrote: »
    looking forward to this…

so any tips on good clubs/bar's to go to afterwards? where wristbands are appreciated perhaps???

Pygmalion, Workmans, Twisted Pepper and Grand Social

I'd lean towards GS if you're a smoker

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also check out these guys on Sunday

So anyone figure out what the held happened to Tribes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Anyone know if they are giving out 3D glasses on Sunday for Kraftwerk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone actually seen Kraftwerk before? I dunno how they are headliners. They are hugely influential, sure. But there is only 1 original member, and how many "hits" have they had? Most people are only going to see them cos it's one of these "i've seen them live" claims. I saw them in Spain a few years ago and it was like watching paint dry. I'd much rather Hot Chip headline that night. I forsee a lot of early leavers sunday, I guess that is what the organisers want, what with all the other stages finishing early.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Anyone actually seen Kraftwerk before? I dunno how they are headliners. They are hugely influential, sure. But there is only 1 original member, and how many "hits" have they had? Most people are only going to see them cos it's one of these "i've seen them live" claims. I saw them in Spain a few years ago and it was like watching paint dry. I'd much rather Hot Chip headline that night. I forsee a lot of early leavers sunday, I guess that is what the organisers want, what with all the other stages finishing early.
    There's two or three possibilities here - you're unfamiliar with their work or
    the crowd was crap in Spain

Having seen them in Kilmainham a few years back as headliners they blew the roof off. Crowd was wild, a fantastic gig.

As for how many hits, a lot.
    More than the bulk of that lineup.

I'm unfamiliar with their work, yes. Autobahn, machine mahine, the model, they are the only ones I can think of. Are there any other obvious hits? Or current hot tunes? Fair enough if you are a fan, but I think you might be in the minority. What was the crowd size at Kilmainham?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'm unfamiliar with their work, yes. Autobahn, machine mahine, the model, they are the only ones I can think of. Are there any other obvious hits? Or current hot tunes? Fair enough if you are a fan, but I think you might be in the minority. What was the crowd size at Kilmainham?

It depends on how you describe a hit. I wouldn't put Kraftwerk and hit singles (nevermind hot tunes) in the same sentence.
    And, to be honest, I don't care what the crowd will be like, Kraftwerk can be a unique experience if you get into their music.
    But you are right, if you are unfamiliar with thier music/concept, you might not have a good time.

Other than that, Sunday worked perfectly for me. The four bands/artists I want to see are one after the other on the main stage. Happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Kraftwerk are a massive draw. The last 2 gigs they had here are very fondly remembered by anyone who was at them and there are plenty of fans in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Kraftwerk are the only reason I'm going although Hot Chip and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are a bonus. Can't wait

But usually with a headliner they either are currently very popular (with some "hot" tunes :P ) or have a fairly well known back catalogue. Kraftwerk are more niche IMO. I doubt the majority of the crowd on the sunday would be familiar with their stuff. And the crowd in Spain was at Benicassim, many years ago, so when it was mostly Spanish, and they were all very exciteable, but the Kraftwerk gig (again a headliner) was a bit of a damp squid. Maybe I'm totally wrong but I forsee their sunday performance being alot of sightseers hoping for a nice 3D show and shuffling away early.

It's only a small quibble, I'm delighted with the lineup and secretly ok with an early finish sunday:o

Tribes? Vanished?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Happy with the schedule, (Not sure if I will leave the main stage for long all day Sunday),

Although very strange to have Japandroids on so early and also Le Galaxie, real shame as I was looking forward to catching Le Galaxie later on as they are always fantastic live and get you in a great buzz. Wont be headed in when gates open just to see them now though

I do think it is quite underhanded to just drop Tribes off the list and somewhat hope people don't notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

The 3D show has reviewed well too so even if you're not a big fan of their music it should be entertaining - they've performed it in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and an eight night run sold out in the Tate Modern in London.

Last time I saw them was at Electric Picnic and the people there seemed to enjoy them too. If it's not your cup of tea fair enough but I don't think it's fair to question their headlining credentials.

Festival organisers are in the business of making money too so I think it's more likely they put Kraftwerk headlining Sunday to sell tickets rather than have lots of people leave early.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

But usually with a headliner they either are currently very popular (with some "hot" tunes :P ) or have a fairly well known back catalogue. Kraftwerk are more niche IMO. I doubt the majority of the crowd on the sunday would be familiar with their stuff. And the crowd in Spain was at Benicassim, many years ago, so when it was mostly Spanish, and they were all very exciteable, but the Kraftwerk gig (again a headliner) was a bit of a damp squid. Maybe I'm totally wrong but I forsee their sunday performance being alot of sightseers hoping for a nice 3D show and shuffling away early.

It's only a small quibble, I'm delighted with the lineup and secretly ok with an early finish sunday:o
    I think you may be underestimating the fan base in Ireland for Kraftwerk.
    Their show at EP was mobbed, I'm fairly certain main stage at this will also be mobbed as a lot of day trippers will be there primarily for them

I'll definitely give them another try, and hope to be proven wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sin0city wrote: »
    The 3D show has reviewed well too so even if you're not a big fan of their music it should be entertaining - they've performed it in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and an eight night run sold out in the Tate Modern in London.

Last time I saw them was at Electric Picnic and the people there seemed to enjoy them too. If it's not your cup of tea fair enough but I don't think it's fair to question their headlining credentials.

Festival organisers are in the business of making money too so I think it's more likely they put Kraftwerk headlining Sunday to sell tickets rather than have lots of people leave early.
    while i've no doubt those gigs were great, i'm not sure how well the 3d part will work on a large outdoor stage, in the daylight for most of the set... :(

• Advertisement

I didn't think of that, surely during the daylight the whole visual spectacle will be lost?

And this review details my worries for the gig, I'd imagine the T in the Park crowd aren't a million miles from the Longitude crowd..

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music/review-kraftwerk-t-in-the-park-2013.1373673446

Advertisement