Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm sure that the music of Kraftwerk will be enough to tide the crowd over, if the visuals aren't happening in the right setting. I would love to be going to this, bit sadly I can't afford it. Be sure to catch Kraftwerk if you're there and aren't already familiar with them lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

I didn't think of that, surely during the daylight the whole visual spectacle will be lost?

And this review details my worries for the gig, I'd imagine the T in the Park crowd aren't a million miles from the Longitude crowd..

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music/review-kraftwerk-t-in-the-park-2013.1373673446

I'm
    Not trying to argue but a T In The Park crowd is closer to an Oxegen crowd, the same crowd who shunned Blur and Arcade Fire as headliners. I think the lineup and demographics of longitude are more akin to Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 J0kerman2

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hidden Agenda in the Button Factory are having an a longitude afterparty on the Saturday, the DJ act is being announced this week.

Twisted Pepper / Workmans would also be good places to hit.

Any suggestions for the Sunday? I've only got a day ticket and looking for somewhere decent to go afterwards but cant find anything in the way of an afterparty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

while i've no doubt those gigs were great, i'm not sure how well the 3d part will work on a large outdoor stage, in the daylight for most of the set... :(

Yeah, not ideal. Sun sets at about 9:45pm and they're on from 9:15pm until 10:45pm so hopefully it'll be dark enough to see it properly for the last hour anyway.
    I'm
    Not trying to argue but a T In The Park crowd is closer to an Oxegen crowd, the same crowd who shunned Blur and Arcade Fire as headliners. I think the lineup and demographics of longitude are more akin to Electric Picnic.

:eek: Possibly the best live act I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

I know a huge amount of people going just on Sunday, just for kraftwerk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd imagine the T in the Park crowd aren't a million miles from the Longitude crowd..

T in the Park is an established festival with camping which was the sister festival of Oxegen that people go to out of habit regardless of who is playing. Longitude is a new festival with no camping which most likely the people there on the Sunday will be mostly Kraftwerk fans. I'd say the crowds will be miles apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

sin0city wrote: »
    Yeah, not ideal. Sun sets at about 9:45pm and they're on from 9:15pm until 10:45pm so hopefully it'll be dark enough to see it properly for the last hour anyway.

:eek: Possibly the best live act I've ever seen.

Yep! Amazing live act have seen them a lot, and went to Oxegen to see them headline main stage - max 400 people there.
    Same thing happened to The National. Except a smaller crowd again.
    Lessons were learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

But usually with a headliner they either are currently very popular (with some "hot" tunes :P ) or have a fairly well known back catalogue. Kraftwerk are more niche IMO. I doubt the majority of the crowd on the sunday would be familiar with their stuff. And the crowd in Spain was at Benicassim, many years ago, so when it was mostly Spanish, and they were all very exciteable, but the Kraftwerk gig (again a headliner) was a bit of a damp squid. Maybe I'm totally wrong but I forsee their sunday performance being alot of sightseers hoping for a nice 3D show and shuffling away early.

It's only a small quibble, I'm delighted with the lineup and secretly ok with an early finish sunday:o

Damp squid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

For the 85367th time, dies anyone have any idea why Tribes are not on the list?

• Advertisement

There is no information from the promoters as to why they aren't Perhaps try them on Twitter or Facebook but I wouldn't hold your breath. It isn't uncommon for smaller cancellations not to get acknowledge as most people don't notice and when an announcement is made about the cancellation people start to expect replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah I'm shocked it hasn't sold out, or at least the Friday which is an incredible lineup for €50! Plenty going on toutless under face value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Yeah I'm shocked it hasn't sold out, or at least the Friday which is an incredible lineup for €50! Plenty going on toutless under face value too.

Same as that, the Friday and Sunday lineups are fantastic.

I'd say there will be lots of tickets sold on the day though as the weather is so nice. There were long queues for tickets on the Sunday of Forbidden Fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I'm going on sunday, can you leave the festival and return during the day? can you bring in water/food?

You can't leave with a day ticket. No food allowed in. One unopened 500ml water is allowed (which I bet they open and take the cap off you on entry).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

ronano wrote: »
    I'm going on sunday, can you leave the festival and return during the day? can you bring in water/food?

Re-entry only with a weekend ticket (wristband)

Cans, alcohol, opened plastic drinks bottles or drinks bottles over 500ml in size**

**Only sealed plastic bottles of water 500ml or under and sealed cartons of juice will be permitted into the arena.

http://longitude.ie/information/general-information

Toast wrote: »
    You can't leave with a day ticket. No food allowed in. One unopened 500ml water is allowed (which I bet they open and take the cap off you on entry).

I am so bringing a spare cap. They might find if they weigh up risks of dehydration and overheating versus missiles that the no cap policy wouldn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

sin0city wrote: »
    The 3D show has reviewed well too so even if you're not a big fan of their music it should be entertaining - they've performed it in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and an eight night run sold out in the Tate Modern in London.

Last time I saw them was at Electric Picnic and the people there seemed to enjoy them too. If it's not your cup of tea fair enough but I don't think it's fair to question their headlining credentials.

Festival organisers are in the business of making money too so I think it's more likely they put Kraftwerk headlining Sunday to sell tickets rather than have lots of people leave early.

New York - Museum of Modern Art
    London - Tate Modern
    Dublin - The arse-end of Rathfarnham

fits wrote: »
    I am so bringing a spare cap. They might find if they weigh up risks of dehydration and overheating versus missiles that the no cap policy wouldn't make much sense.

Not sure if it is brave or stupid of you to admit to a plan like that on the net in the era of Prism. I'm sure the Black hawks are being scrambled as we speak. Don't forget kids bottles with caps hurt performers and by performers we mean profits!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

So how are people sneaking naggins in? Thats the question

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Not sure if it is brave or stupid of you to admit to a plan like that on the net in the era of Prism. I'm sure the Black hawks are being scrambled as we speak. Don't forget kids bottles with caps hurt performers and by performers we mean profits!

pretty radical I agree. :D

I mentioned it already but I came down with dehydration/heat exhaustion last weekend through going running, lack of water, a moderate amount of festival beer and a long time in the sun. Scared the absolute crap out of myself...

Just drink more water simples

Just drink more water simples

And wear a hat, and get into the shade when you can. And mind the body temperature in a crowded tent.

There does appear to be a couple of water points on the map so you should be able to keep hydrated for free assuming you've some form of closed container.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

is anyone going to Latitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LawwRaaa

They've changed the general information section regarding food since last night. It previously said food for personal consumption would be allowed, but that excessive amounts pf food would be confiscated. What are the chances of getting sandwiches, crisps and snacks in? After spending Sunday at Phoenix Park I was shocked that a mere fish and chips were €12 and all liquids were confiscated. Between the heat, dehydration, lack of food and some beer I was dying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I reckon La Galaxie must have requested to play early - must have a flight to catch somewhere to another gig or personal reasons later in the day.

Riots over sandwiches haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

So how are people sneaking naggins in? Thats the question

Getting more and more difficult to do this of late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Riots over sandwiches haha

Us Irish won't protest when our politicians and bankers are screwing the shíte out of us. But take away our sandwiches and we'll riot :pac:

Advertisement