Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Catmologen wrote: »
    Most people either eat before they get there, or buy a burger inside :rolleyes: Personally, I don't want to be smelling someones manky tuna and egg sandwiches when I'm trying to enjoy the music.

The food they served up in nightclubs back in the day was nasty.

food in a night club whhaaattt:confused::confused::confused::confused: fcukin hell you's must be old when was this

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LawwRaaa

Catmologen wrote: »
    Most people either eat before they get there, or buy a burger inside :rolleyes: Personally, I don't want to be smelling someones manky tuna and egg sandwiches when I'm trying to enjoy the music.

The food they served up in nightclubs back in the day was nasty.

Sorry but my bus leaves my hometown at around 12 each day..hardly going to eat properly beforehand. Also I won't be leaving until 22.45...and after shelling out €150 on tickets and €45 on transport, the last thing I wanna do is fork out another €30 for dodgy burgers & chips. Literally it's bring food or don't eat at all, I don't have the money.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The likes of TP/Workmans/Pyg/Academy/Grand Social don't have dress codes, as long as you aren't in a full tracksuit you'll be fine.

well i know the c*ntz in pyg have become fashion queens ever since management has changed :rolleyes: they tried refussing me for what i was wearing about 2 weeks ago

well aswell as that all the cool kids wearing their fancy ass labels aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

A V A wrote: »
    food in a night club whhaaattt:confused::confused::confused::confused: fcukin hell you's must be old when was this
    The only way a club could get a late license was by serving food.
    It possibly ended 15 years ago or so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

A V A wrote: »
    well aswell as that all the cool kids wearing their fancy ass labels aswell

Agreed

Muppets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I thought there was meant to be a comedy line-up for this too? What is all this "It's more than just the music" crap about? Care to expand on that statement organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I would in me hole drink out of a jonny.
    Drink in a condom!! haha!!! I'd rather go teetotal thanks!

You don't drink out of the johnny you dingbats, you pour the contents into a bottle or plastic cup once your inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 J0kerman2

2ndcoming wrote: »
    You don't drink out of the johnny you dingbats, you pour the contents into a bottle or plastic cup once your inside.

I'd still rather not marinate my alcohol in lube and latex....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Pretty sure they've abandoned that idea.

Well it still says that line on the poster which is now updated with all the cancellations (announced and sneakys) removed. They forgot to update the price to compensate for significantly less bands than initially advertised I notice.

I guess "more than just the music" means there is a beer tent with one type of beer and a van selling sausages too.

• Advertisement

You do know bouncers just use the clothes line when they want an excuse yes?

Generally true, but I have to agree with AVA.

Pygmalion on Saturday night have now adopted a policy of giving a scar-faced thug who wouldn't be let into The Towers on a quiet day carte blanche to refuse whoever he wants, male or female, for no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mutley18 wrote: »
    I thought there was meant to be a comedy line-up for this too? What is all this "It's more than just the music" crap about? Care to expand on that statement organisers?

http://longitude.ie/news/dirty-old-town-speakeasy-longitude
    Longitude is pleased to announce a brand new addition to its line-up, a cultural knocking-shop for the mind, a place where the curious will become more curious, the intrepid more adventurous - THE DIRTY OLD TOWN SPEAKEASY.

Featuring everything from quirky cabaret to spontaneous theatre, contortionists to burlesque dance troupes the Dirty Old Town Speakeasy provides festival revelers with a unique experience outside the realms of normality, an experience you won’t forget!

Featuring at the Dirty Old Town Speakeasy are:

The Trampz * Blind Yackety * Booka Band

Sharon & The Shortcuts * Jerry Fish * Nellies Fortune Consultations

Kalle Ryan * Colm Keegan * Fergus Costello * Sarah Clancy
    Stephen James Smith * Harlot Deville * Mad Hatter Danny Dowling

Erin Fornoff * The Brownbread Mixtape * Marty Mulligan * Abby Oliviera

Nellie & Sister Scratchy * Ciara Rose & Sinead White * Eleventyfour

Enda Reilly * The Longitude Burlesque Dance Troupe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

2ndcoming wrote: »

Yea i realise that.
    Doesn't sound like my kinda night out, but knock yourself out.

Yea i realise that.
    Doesn't sound like my kinda night out, but knock yourself out.

Going to a festival isn't a night out, it's going to a festival. I'm not suggesting rocking up to a blacktie event with a johnny full of rum down your tux. Different rules apply!

It's only a suggestion anyway, hopefully someone who doesn't fancy f**king away 100 quid to drink in a field can benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Drink poured into those little tesco ziplock bags is my technique, much more civilised :pac: Naggin can be risky cause if you get some over eager pat down your in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Heading the Sunday for the day. Wondering a few things, what's the story with transport from the City? I'm very close to the 13 Dublin Bus route so could I just get that in?

Also, on the subject of sneaking in drink. While I don't mind forking out for a few beers inside I do love a bottle of buckfast to get the juices flowing so I might try the tesco zip lock thing

Went to Primavera in Barca last year and we hollowed out bread rolls and put the small bottles of absinthe in them and covered them with tinfoil so they just looked like sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

ice bags is the best trick i've used. get the right bags and each individual piece is close enough to a shot too. , plus they have a little tie bit at the top that you can easily tie on to your belt or trousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Don't think the 13 goes anywhere near Marley Park. It's the 16 you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone have any suggestions how to get there from Dún Laoghaire? I am not from the area so haven't a clue really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Anyone have any suggestions how to get there from Dún Laoghaire? I am not from the area so haven't a clue really!

Try this site, very underrated

http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

75 Bus. Get off at the stop after it turns right past Superquinn on Ballinteer Avenue and then head back up on to Ballinteer Ave and turn right and you are 10 minutes walk to the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

46A into town. 16 out to Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Wattle wrote: »
    46A into town. 16 out to Rathfarnham.

75 goes from DL to Ballinteer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Mince Pie wrote: »
    75 goes from DL to Ballinteer. :)

True but I think there's only one an hour. Not as frequent as 16's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wattle wrote: »
    True but I think there's only one an hour. Not as frequent as 16's.

no there suppose to be regular they just turn up every hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I don't want to bring a full bottle of sun cream with me cause I'll be stuck carrying it around all day and it'd be too big for my pockets so it would get annoying. Plus I'd end up throwing the rest of the bottle away that night cause I'll be going out after. Do you think if I transferred some of the suncream into the nalgene (see picture at the link below) and brought that with me (small enough to fit in my pocket for carrying around for the day and won't have to worry about throwing this away) would they let me bring it in? Like would they think it looks suspicious, no label or anything on it. They could just smell it.... thoughts? thanks! :)

http://i.imgur.com/341lNtX.jpg

mystic86 wrote: »
    I don't want to bring a full bottle of sun cream with me cause I'll be stuck carrying it around all day and it'd be too big for my pockets so it would get annoying. Plus I'd end up throwing the rest of the bottle away that night cause I'll be going out after. Do you think if I transferred some of the suncream into the nalgene (see picture at the link below) and brought that with me (small enough to fit in my pocket for carrying around for the day and won't have to worry about throwing this away) would they let me bring it in? Like would they think it looks suspicious, no label or anything on it. They could just smell it.... thoughts? thanks! :)

http://i.imgur.com/341lNtX.jpg

Better still, fill the suncream bottle with drink

Better still, fill the suncream bottle with drink

you going dude? did you ever attend that rugby beers meet-up?

mystic86 wrote: »
    you going dude? did you ever attend that rugby beers meet-up?

Went to the one in the woolshed but was too packed and didn't actually see anyone! And yes heading on the Sunday of Longtitude!

• Advertisement

Went to the one in the woolshed but was too packed and didn't actually see anyone! And yes heading on the Sunday of Longtitude!

same here. heading on the saturday myself, oh welll... :)

Advertisement