Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

So how are most people getting to the festival?

Not sure I trust the shuttle bus being every hour, what if the first one fills up or even the 2nd one also, you could be stuck waiting for an hour or two!

Might be safer to get the 16 bus from O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm getting the shuttle bus but I pre-booked it online. I'm getting the 5pm bus on Sunday so I should be there on time for Hot Chip, YYYs and Kraftwerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

The Luas going to Dundrum or Ballaly might be a good option, leaves you about a 5 minute taxi away - there should be loads around and split between one or two friends costs will be very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Public information notice on the event up now. This makes it very clear there will be no booze allowed in for the benefit of the three people who actually believed it might have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Question - if I bring an EMPTY water bottle with me to fill up onsite, will this be allowed in? Given how hot its gonna be, I think this should be OK but it's MCD so.....anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Question - if I bring an EMPTY water bottle with me to fill up onsite, will this be allowed in? Given how hot its gonna be, I think this should be OK but it's MCD so.....anyone know?

No. they won't allow it in.

By the way many water bottles will open and close without actually breaking the seal!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed an empty bottle? Maybe crush it up a bit and have it in your pocket? I'd keep the bottle cap separate as well, or bring a spare, they usually take the tops off bottles at gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

From that public Information notice they seem to have changed their mind regarding re entry as previously they said that those with wristbands could come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They said you can bring in one unopened 500ml bottle of water.
    If you just dont want to carry the bottle around with you, then just bring a bottle cap with you, buy one bottle of water inside and use the cap you brought with you (as they take the caps off when they give you the bottle of water / soft drink).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 barro32

Does anyone know if it's possible to share a weekend ticket? I can't go on Sat so I was going to buy Fri and Sun day tickets but it turns out a friend only wants to go Sat so if we could share a weekend ticket between us it would be ideal but it's probably not allowed.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

any links for prebooking the return buses please? (I have checked dublin bus and cie websites!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Toast wrote: »
    Public information notice on the event up now. This makes it very clear there will be no booze allowed in for the benefit of the three people who actually believed it might have been.

Sorry if this is an idiotic question.

I see that the Public Information Notice advises us not to drive as “There is no concert parking at the venue”. However the Travel Section on the site gives directions to Marlay Park’s car parks and confirm that “there is limited parking available in Marlay Park”.

Does anyone know, will there be car parking available as we're coming from Wicklow and there's no direct way to the venue from our location?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I see that the Public Information Notice advises us not to drive as “There is no concert parking at the venue”. However the Travel Section on the site gives directions to Marlay Park’s car parks and confirm that “there is limited parking available in Marlay Park”.

Does anyone know, will there be car parking available as we're coming from Wicklow and there's no direct way to the venue from our location?

Thanks.

The map says there is:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488323294575647&set=a.430090970398880.98064.427879540620023&type=1&theater

You might be able to get away with parking at the Lidl near Marlay Park or you could park at the park and ride at the Sandyford Luas stop and get the Luas to Balally and walk or get a taxi from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

JJ wrote: »
    The map says there is:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488323294575647&set=a.430090970398880.98064.427879540620023&type=1&theater

You might be able to get away with parking at the Lidl near Marlay Park or you could park at the park and ride at the Sandyford Luas stop and get the Luas to Balally and walk or get a taxi from there.

Cheers. I'll be very surprised if there's no car parking facility though. Seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Thanks.

I noticed this too. It looks like a lot of the stuff on their page is copied and pasted (probably from the Latitude page). For example, they mention setting other people's tents on fire as being grounds for your ejection from the festival, as if there was camping there.
    It annoys me that they don't even have the courtesy to provide proper information to people. The very least they could do is read through their own page to see if it makes sense, which it obviously doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.490728007668509.1073741826.427879540620023&type=3

the site looks class, the stage looks great aswell, i thought it would have been half arsed in reagrds to looks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Depends on how tight they put on the wristband.
    is there definitely wristbands? might just be scanning the tickets each day like Forbidden Fruit...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

is there definitely wristbands? might just be scanning the tickets each day like Forbidden Fruit...

There'd have to be a wristband, the chances of me still having my ticket on me come Sunday afternoon is pretty slim I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What time do the likes of Button Factory, Twisted Pepper, Workmans, Pyg etc close on a Saturday night?

Tormented over whether or not to go to Longitude as I've nowhere to stay in Dublin so best bet would be to stay out as long as possible and then get bus back to the west around 7 or 8a.m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

kraggy wrote: »
    What time do the likes of Button Factory, Twisted Pepper, Workmans, Pyg etc close on a Saturday night?

Tormented over whether or not to go to Longitude as I've nowhere to stay in Dublin so best bet would be to stay out as long as possible and then get bus back to the west around 7 or 8a.m.

3.30/4 I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Weekend tickets get a wristband so you can come and go as you please, day tickets will just be scanned each day with no re-admittance if you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Free into whelans with wristband/stub by the way folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Lads, how many naggins of vodka would I get into a condom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Somehow doubt that sentence has been used many times before.

As someone already said, unless you like your vodka with a hint of latex might be best to use ziplock bags or the hollowed out roll trick.

the lube really takes the edge off the harshness of straight vodka though

the main stage looks really good

i hope this festival does well and gets better and better over the years and becomes like lattitude ,the festival looks really well, and i hope bigger acts are added for durin the day :)

quarryman wrote: »
    Lads, how many naggins of vodka would I get into a condom?

What size condoms do you have?

Information will only be used for vodka measuring purposes I swearz.

• Advertisement

wish james blake was playing tho

Advertisement