Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

quarryman wrote: »
    Lads, how many naggins of vodka would I get into a condom?

Johnny Walker surely??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Will there be day tickets available from a mobile box office outside the park each day do you think? Thinking about going on Sunday but won't be 100% sure until the day itself. I'm assuming it won't sell out, as the park is so big - sound about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

sweetie wrote: »
    No. they won't allow it in.

By the way many water bottles will open and close without actually breaking the seal!

Any tips which are best for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any tips which are best for this?

the aldi kids water bottles but they are 250ml, I think the 500ml are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

ionapaul wrote: »
    Will there be day tickets available from a mobile box office outside the park each day do you think?

You will be able to get tickets at the gate if it hasn't sold out. I seriously doubt it will but if any day is going to it would be the Sunday. I'd say you'll be OK though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Just heard sat is sold out :( really want to go was waiting till tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

madma wrote: »

What?! Source? Please say it ain't so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robfitz987

kraggy wrote: »
    What?! Source? Please say it ain't so.

Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

madma wrote: »

You can still buy tickets on the ticketmaster site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

xtal191 wrote: »
    You can still buy tickets on the ticketmaster site

For Saturday? No you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

quarryman wrote: »
    For Saturday? No you can't.

Seems you're right but you can still get Fri, Sun and weekend tickets. Actually just after noticing that person said sat was sold out, thought they meant all tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I am a thundering thick. 'Ah sure Saturday won't sell out, they're practically giving tickets away.' :(

To Toutless I slink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm banking on Sunday not selling out with people working on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

RasTa wrote: »

If I were you I'd get it while you can. I think Sunday is the most popular line-up for most, and with the weather, people are just looking for somewhere to be. I thought Saturdays line-up was mediocre enough for it not to sell.. evidently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Apparently there was someone from Longitude/MCD on Newstalk this afternoon and they said that Saturday and Sunday would probably sell out before the end of tomorrow, so with Saturday now gone, I wouldn't hang around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

If I were you I'd get it while you can. I think Sunday is the most popular line-up for most, and with the weather, people are just looking for somewhere to be. I thought Saturdays line-up was mediocre enough for it not to sell.. evidently not.
    A lot of people just going for the craic i'd say, if the lineup for Friday or Sunday was swapped with Saturday , I'd say it would still sell out, a lot of it because of the weather, and people being off work all day, and not having to get up for work the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Anybody know what's happening with the coach service?

I've got the 2pm coach booked but there are a few acts that start at 2 that I wouldn't mind seeing.

I know on the longitude site it mentions a 1pm bus. Is that happening?

Also do I really have to print out the ticket? Surely an ID will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Was considering going up til last week, but then we were gonna maybe buy tickets, and discovered you're barely allowed bring your own underpants :mad: Flippin' money-grubbing fascists, we kept our money instead :rolleyes:

Rare enough that I go from earlier in the day giving out to people arm chancing looking for tickets at half price on Toutless to banning people later in the same day for offering more than face value for the same tickets. That came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Knocked together a little playlist for Saturday, a tune from each act - some good and terrible stuff in there as expected! I'll do a Sunday one tomorrow..

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30Lb6zDS-uWdnPMjz4GFNPgfqA-EVu_S

Also, not sure if it's been posted already but here's a handy little timesheet so you can try n' manage your whereabouts throughout each day, handy to print a couple out and give to your mates, random beautiful strangers, etc.. http://longitude.ie/sites/longitude.ie/files/public/LONG%20TIMETABLE_0.jpg

Enjoy the weekend folks - If you bump into me, please sit me upright and get us a glass of water..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

So pissed off that Saturday is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

I'd say there's hundreds and hundreds of people who were planning on picking up a Sat ticket tomorrow or on the day with no fear it would sell out. I didn't realise the capacity was so small, at around 10,000. For some reason I presumed it would be 15000-18000 each day. I wanted to go on Sat myself but maybe it's best for my financial situation to stick to Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

kraggy wrote: »
    So pissed off that Saturday is sold out.

with yourself I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I thought Sunday would've been the first day to sell out with Kraftwerk headlining. I reckon I got a bargain for them alone at the early bird price.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Anyone know can you buy tickets today at the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Saturday was always going to drag the biggest crowd. Kraftwerk are very niche, some love them, others have never heard of them. Vampire Weekend are a much bigger draw (along with getting to stay in bed the next day)

Honestly as soon as the timetable came out and Laura Mvula cancelled I was finding it very hard to justify 55 quid to see Vampire Weekend and Villagers. Wasn't all that long ago when we were all bitching about paying 63 quid to see Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend. However probably should have factored in the sun and the weekend.

There are still weekend tickets left at the moment so I wonder if the Saturday portion of them will get reallocated after tonight if they are still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I would counter, that my plans to go see le galaxie, Kodaline, Young Wonder, Local Natives, Maccabees, Villagers, Trentemoller and Vampire Weekend is completely worth 55 euro.

You can't really complain about the price when you're ignoring the vast majority of the day, irregardless of the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Yeah, I think the price for a day ticket is really good, even if you're only going to see a couple of bands. You can't put a value on the impact the weather will have; people are in good form, drink, music, sun, happy days.

Last tickets I bought were for the National in the O2 and they were €43.90 each including the booking fee. For about another tenner you're getting a whole day out in the sun with 4 stages and rakes of bands.

• Advertisement

That's fair enough. I was still planning on going (now depending on getting tickets) but I was finding it personally difficult to justify the price and pretty much delaying either to pick a second hand up for cheap or pay at the door and avoid fees. I've seen pretty much the entire lineup before and in some cases very recently so was basically a 55 euro encore for me.

Just didn't anticipate a sell out I guess because I forgot most people wouldn't be looking at the lineup in the same way as I was. I personally felt it got substantially weaker after Laura Mvula was taken out and not replaced. I guess the promoters already knew at that point they didn't need to do anything and it would sell out anyway.

Advertisement