Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 flaghead

What do you reckon the crowd would be like? .. Like will there be any stabbings

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

flaghead wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Soooo anyone else not received their ticket from Ticketmaster yet? :( Will be ringing them at lunch but just curious if anyone else has had a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

flaghead wrote: »

Well I'm in Starbucks Sandyford now getting my mother in law a coffee and I'm losing the will to live with all the hipster muppets talkin sh*te, so if that's anything to go by........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Soooo anyone else not received their ticket from Ticketmaster yet? :( Will be ringing them at lunch but just curious if anyone else has had a problem.

If you haven't received it by now, you can ring TM and they'll arrange to have it waiting for you at the box office/TM chip van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So getting the bus at 4 from custom house quay. anyone that goes in earlier maybe let us know how strict they are on checking the water bottles. My friend isn't a beer drinker so we're bringing a shoulder of vodka in a water bottle. It looks sealed but if someone went to the bother of actually opening it they would suss it. Not gonna bother with ice bags or condoms! Enjoy y'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Yeah, was thinking about doing the water bottle trick.
    Only thing is that don't they open them and take the cap?
    Because if they do they might then smell it and then it's game over man. Game over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

If they're taking caps, just hide spare ones in your socks/bags etc

Well if they do only take the caps and don't smell it that's grand.
    If anyone finds out if they're taking caps / smelling the contents please report back.

And here's a way to leave the seal intact that looks good and should work for any bottle:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 J0kerman2

15001200_300.jpg

These, my friends are what you want for all your booze smuggling needs. If you know anyone who works in a lab, ask them to steal a few 50 mL centrifuge tubes. Much easier to conceal a whole bunch of these around your body rather than sticking one big water bottle down your jocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

As regards the weekend tickets, will you get a band or something allowing you to come back in the next day?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

J0kerman2 wrote: »
    15001200_300.jpg

These, my friends are what you want for all your booze smuggling needs. If you know anyone who works in a lab, ask them to steal a few 50 mL centrifuge tubes. Much easier to conceal a whole bunch of these around your body rather than sticking one big water bottle down your jocks.

They don't really offer anything over the 50ml bottles of spirits which you can just buy anyway though.

Looking forward to this now, Saturday's prime for roaming from stage to stage, Sunday looks like main stage for most of the evening. Interested to see how Kraftwerk's 3D show will work in (mostly) broad daylight.

Kinda wish I had a Friday ticket now, but by the time I'm finished work I'd barely make it in time for Foals so I can't really justify the price. Might hit their DJ set in the Academy later instead.

This'll be my first Irish festival with proper weather since Life '09! Bring it on. :)

As regards the weekend tickets, will you get a band or something allowing you to come back in the next day?

Thanks

That's it exactly. Day tickets - one entry, weekend - multi-entry. It means you can come and go as you please each day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MonaDD

What are the chances of more Saturday tickets being released today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

2ndcoming wrote: »
    They don't really offer anything over the 50ml bottles of spirits which you can just buy anyway though.

Looking forward to this now, Saturday's prime for roaming from stage to stage, Sunday looks like main stage for most of the evening. Interested to see how Kraftwerk's 3D show will work in (mostly) broad daylight.

Kinda wish I had a Friday ticket now, but by the time I'm finished work I'd barely make it in time for Foals so I can't really justify the price. Might hit their DJ set in the Academy later instead.

This'll be my first Irish festival with proper weather since Life '09! Bring it on. :)

thought foals were doing a dj set in pyg??

Heard it advertised on Phantom yesterday as the Green Room in The Academy, €10er in, free with festival ticket.

Pyg were advertising on Facebook for managers the other day, seem to be in a bit of a mess.

MonaDD wrote: »
    What are the chances of more Saturday tickets being released today?

Not likely I would think. They only announced it sold out yesterday and I would imagine they sold every last ticket they could for Saturday. This could also boost sales for today and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Heard it advertised on Phantom yesterday as the Green Room in The Academy, €10er in, free with festival ticket.

Pyg were advertising on Facebook for managers the other day, seem to be in a bit of a mess.

No mess at all. Foals were never playing in pyg.

I think almost every method mentioned in this article has been covered here:

5 Best Ways To Sneak Booze Into A Festival

http://collegetimes.ie/2013/06/26/5-best-ways-to-sneak-booze-into-a-festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Lads, in my house in Rathfarnham and starting to hear some loud noises filtering across the blue sky. It's ON! :D

263295.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Conall01

do you reckon there will be many people selling tickets outside tomorrow? dont mind paying a bit more but wont be ripped off either.

cant believe i waited this long to decide to go. guess it was the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sin0city wrote: »
    Well if they do only take the caps and don't smell it that's grand.
    If anyone finds out if they're taking caps / smelling the contents please report back.

And here's a way to leave the seal intact that looks good and should work for any bottle:

worked a treat with a mug and no need for a pliers!

Yeah, thought the pliers was overkill alright.
    You could also probably just use one bottle - detach the lid, then fill it and put the seal back. It was the use of hot water I thought was helpful - I wouldn't have thought of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nivobivo

Tickets for Longitude has decended into farce! Just rang an ad from gumtree selling tickets for Saturday and was told 'they're €900... or a blow job!' Raging!

Nivobivo wrote: »
    Tickets for Longitude has descended into farce! Just rang an ad from gumtree selling tickets for Saturday and was told 'they're €900... or a blow job!' Raging!

Sounds like a scam or someone having a laugh, or a bit of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nivobivo

JJ wrote: »
    Sounds like a scam or someone having a laugh, or a bit of both.
    Oh god ya, I know, but just really annoyed at the same time!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Sunday tickets gone now as well on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

A V A wrote: »
    wish james blake was playing tho

One of the best things I seen at Glasto. Blew the stocks off the crowd in the John Peel tent. He's the kind of act that suits indoor/a tent much better than an outdoor stage.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Will gladly buy a ticket for Saturday off someone. Can meet this evening in Galway or tomorrow in Dublin.

(I know it's a longshot :P)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Try toutless.com or adverts.ie I'd say you've a good chance of finding a ticket..

Advertisement