Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

JJ wrote: »
    Kraftwerk are on at 9.15pm. The stage times are here:

http://longitude.ie/information/general-information/stage-times
    Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

where could one hide a hip flash? i am a girl btw..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

sporina wrote: »
    where could one hide a hip flash? i am a girl btw..

Bra. Then throw a shirt over your shoulders and tie a knot in the sleeves at the front whereby the know will conceal any lumps the hip flask might show

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Did anyone try the sealed bottle of water?

Were they taking the caps at the entrance/security check?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Count_Hook

laurapep wrote: »
    I have a wristband for sale for Saturday and Sunday and can no longer go due to work restraints. Purchased from ticketmaster and still have reciept. If anyone is interested I can deliver it to Dublin city centre until 2 oclock today

I'm interested. Just PMd you there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Django Django were great. Phoenix, not so much. A lot of people left to go to the dancey stages.

Great, chilled out vibe. Like a mini Electric Picnic. Looking forward to another nice day out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

How did the shuttle buses run yesterday? were there enough or were there big queues and what was the travel time?
    heading out today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Count_Hook wrote: »
    I'm interested. Just PMd you there

Sent a pm myself earlier on but hasn't been back online as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martinbrow22

Hey Laura, I'd be interested in buying that wristband off you.

PM me and get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I am going to see KRAFTWERK on Sunday but probably won't get near the park until 3-4pm, am I wasting my time thinking I'll still get a car park space at that hour?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Hey Laura, I'd be interested in buying that wristband off you.

PM me and get in touch!

Join the q!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

fits wrote: »
    and we can't have a good time without a skinful of alcohol.

Get off your high horse. Who said anything about having a skinful? It's a long day so there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks.

I don't blame people for smuggling drink in with the prices they're charging inside. Them prices are scandalous. No 2 ways about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I am going today and was wondering what the situation with the food vans was like? Is it all meat? I am a vegetarian and I'm afraid it's all going to be burgers, chicken, kebabs... is it? I have been to other festivals that had veggie/vegan vans where we could buy things like falafels/veggie burgers so I am hopeful that there is something like that at Longitude.

I saw on their website that we are not allowed to bring our own food in so I don't know what to do. Would appreciate any feedback from people who were there yesterday! Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Thought Foals were brilliant last night! Django django too.
    vibrant wrote: »
    I am going today and was wondering what the situation with the food vans was like? Is it all meat? I am a vegetarian and I'm afraid it's all going to be burgers, chicken, kebabs... is it? I have been to other festivals that had veggie/vegan vans where we could buy things like falafels/veggie burgers so I am hopeful that there is something like that at Longitude.

I saw on their website that we are not allowed to bring our own food in so I don't know what to do. Would appreciate any feedback from people who were there yesterday! Thanks so much.

I can't guarantee it but there are loads of food places so I'm sure you'll be able to get a falafel or whatever. I'm sure Gourmet Burger kitchen do a veggie burger too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

How did the shuttle buses run yesterday? were there enough or were there big queues and what was the travel time?
    heading out today
    Was wondering bout this also??

Also, anyone head out after? Were pubs 'shorts friendly' in town? Stored a pair of jeans in a mates gaff but would prefer to just head straight out in the shorts and tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

vibrant wrote: »

I saw someone on FB complaining there were no veggie options there. Maybe that might change today.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Did anyone get the 16 back after, if so was it easy to get on to or was it mayhem?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I did but I left early and used common sense. The buses are every 20 minutes at that time and get packed.

The Ballally luas stop is 25 minute walk away so it might be a better option if waiting ages for a bus or there's a large queue.

Any good rock bands on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

kraggy wrote: »
    Get off your high horse. Who said anything about having a skinful? It's a long day so there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks.

I don't blame people for smuggling drink in with the prices they're charging inside. Them prices are scandalous. No 2 ways about it.

I never said theres anything wrong with a few drinks. A few = 3 or 4. X 6 equals 24 euro, plus it sounds like theres a deposit on the glasses (am guessing) so 20 euro. Realistically the most people will drink is twice that. Its hardly prohibitive. These prices are nothing new here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Don't think there is an Eco cup system. Noticed Una Mullaly tweeting earlier about people dumping rubbish everywhere.

Nope. no deposit on the cups. if you collect a certain number you get to spin a wheel to win a prize or some craic. There were people going around picking up the cups for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was wondering what was going on with the cups, given their sustainable packaging spiel on the website...

I guess that's better than nothing but considering in other countries they either give you a free beer or straight up cash for doing this I find it in equal parts insulting and amusing that it gets made into a go at a lottery here and then people get agro when their cups are taken (some previous post about this earlier in the thread). Any idea what sort of prizes as I'm guessing they are of the branded merch for Heineken variety (just to complete the insult)?

Yeah I was at Werchter before and it was nice getting the free beer after collecting the cups. Used to just walk around with a stack of them and drinking out of the one on top!

I don't know what the prizes are, heard about it from someone else, but I'd say it's branded ****e with one or two proper prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Yesterday was pretty good overall

The Cast of Cheers were great as always, wish they played more of Chariot and less new stuff though

Marcus Foster wasn't bad, enjoyable enough to sit down and listen to

Stealing Sheep were much better than I expected, pulled off a song early (probably Shut Eye) so that was disappointing

Mmoths were good, nice music just to close your eyes and listen to, feels like they just walked off stage out of nowhere though

AlunaGeorge put on a great show, only know a few of their songs but overall pretty solid

Jessie Ware was the highlight, went to see her over Foals and have no regrets fantastic

Phoenix were great, some girls in the crowd did their best to ruin it but still really enjoyed it, hope no one had issues with flashing lights!

Thinking of heading in a bit later today, was at Springsteen Thursday and absolutely exhausted. How long does the 16 take to get to Marlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

laurapep wrote: »
    I have a wristband for sale for Saturday and Sunday and can no longer go due to work restraints. Purchased from ticketmaster and still have reciept. If anyone is interested I can deliver it to Dublin city centre until 2 oclock today

I'm just gonna point out on this, if it looks stretched out you can be turned away pretty easily at the gate, and you'll have no recourse. If it was opened at the button or crimp, whichever it is, don't even try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Oh dear, somebody at Boots did do their research on Longitude:

https://www.facebook.com/BootsIrelandOfficial/posts/444972575600782:0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

Thought Foals were brilliant last night! Django django too.

I can't guarantee it but there are loads of food places so I'm sure you'll be able to get a falafel or whatever. I'm sure Gourmet Burger kitchen do a veggie burger too.

Is this serious that food is not allowed?? I cant bring packed sandwich or whatever? was this enforced?

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    Oh dear, somebody at Boots did do their research on Longitude:

As someone pointed out in the comments they've just got a lot more notice by doing something stupid than if they had got it right.
    I'm just gonna point out on this, if it looks stretched out you can be turned away pretty easily at the gate, and you'll have no recourse. If it was opened at the button or crimp, whichever it is, don't even try.

Yup I'd imagine wristband checks will be very strict today as it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to sneak people in if you had a couple of loose ones. I wouldn't advise anyone to risk buying a second hand one.

Advertisement