Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic calming, N17 between Tuam and Claregalway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

At last they have taken out the zig zag yellow lines and put straight lines down, a bit of common sense prevailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

konman wrote: »
    At last they have taken out the zig zag yellow lines and put straight lines down, a bit of common sense prevailing.

Driving behind someone who was obeying those yellow lines was like watching a drunk driver in action. I just drive straight through it and ignored the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

konman wrote: »

does it look better now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Driving behind someone who was obeying those yellow lines was like watching a drunk driver in action. I just drive straight through it and ignored the lines.

noticed that alright, if ya drove straight over the lines it was ok ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Did motorists drive over the zig-zag lines without slowing down significantly? If so, the set-up wasn't much use as traffic calming.

What appears to be the difference with the new arrangement, in terms of speed reduction and driver behaviour generally?

• Advertisement

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Did motorists drive over the zig-zag lines without slowing down significantly? If so, the set-up wasn't much use as traffic calming.

Well I always came down to 60-65 km/h there and drove straight rather than zig zagging. I felt that if I focused on obeying the lines then I wasn't paying attention to the dangers coming from the side roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Was a new speed limit posted to go with the 'traffic calming'?

No idea. I never took any notice then coz I wasn't driving. I'm assuming people were doing 80-100 through there and that's why the put in the traffic calming.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Speed limit has not changed since the new lines were put in place.
    The new lines are straight but the old zig zag lines are still visible also.
    There is a speed van sign upon entering the village but I have never seen a speed van there and I drive through that village twice a day six days per week. Still unfathomable how the design passed muster?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yes. 60 km/h . It was a 100 km/h limit stretch before that

• Advertisement
Advertisement