If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound speakers

Options
  • 18-12-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of surround speakers for a Onkyo TX-SR313 5.1 Receiver. I'm on a low budget so I'd be more interested in entry/budget options. Could you quote me speaker cable as well. I have to measure it out but I think 20metres should do me. Could you include delivery to Dublin

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DonKing wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a set of surround speakers for a Onkyo TX-SR313 5.1 Receiver. I'm on a low budget so I'd be more interested in entry/budget options. Could you quote me speaker cable as well. I have to measure it out but I think 20metres should do me. Could you include delivery to Dublin

Thanks

Donking,

Thanks for the post - I think the two best budget systems around at the moment are the Yamaha NSP20 5.1 system which we are doing at just £119.95
    http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/speaker-packages/ns-p20_w/?mode=model

B396F2BE356647AD97D999FC3D50B567_12001.jpg

Alternatively I would look at the Pioneer SHS100 5.1 package at £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/s-hs100/pion-shs100
    showimage.php?image=307507.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Of the two I would say that the Yamaha is worth the extra £20 and will make a better partner for your Onkyo..

The Yamaha comes with 25 mtrs of (okish) speaker cable and a very basic sub cable both of which should really be upgraded asap - have a look at the manual here: http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=uk.yamaha.com&asset_id=54606

The Pioneer SHS100 also includes (very) basic cables to get yuo up and running..

elivery on either option to Dublin is £12.95 and we have them both available and ready to ship today,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

John Mc& Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DonKing

Thanks for that.

I think I'll take the Yamaha speakers. I'll give you a call shortly to arrange

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DonKing

John/Dave, got the Yamaha speakers next day as arranged. Thanks Donking

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.