Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you able to do religion outside of school?

• 18-12-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I was thinking I doing religion on my own outside school. I was wondering would this be possible. I understand what is involved in the course and that it's not like JC Re but it genuinely interests me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Yes, of course. Just make sure you tell someone in school - ideally the exam secretary - so as to ensure there will be a paper there for you to sit on the day. Good luck with it - it's a tough course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

April 26th is the closing date for the Religious Education Practical Coursework Journal - worth 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

spurious wrote: »
    April 26th is the closing date for the Religious Education Practical Coursework Journal - worth 20%.

Would I have trouble 1. doing the Journal outside school without any assistance from a teacher (no RE teacher in my school).
    2.Have enough time to do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would I have trouble 1. doing the Journal outside school without any assistance from a teacher (no RE teacher in my school).
    2.Have enough time to do it.

You would have to ask a teacher of Religion - even if your school doesn't do it for exam, there is more than likely someone on staff qualified to teach it.

Most project work for assessment needs to be signed off on by a teacher which means they have to have supervised you doing it and can attest it is all your own work.

No idea on the time frame, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I did RE outside school and yes as spurious said, you will need a teacher to sign off on your coursework. The exam secretary signed off on mine because we didn't have any Leaving Cert (exam) RE teachers in the school. Make sure to ask your exam secretary to order an official booklet for completing the coursework as well!
    With regards to time I actually spent most of my time doing the background research and planning (I was doing that on and off for about a month but it could be done a lot quicker if you put your mind to it and focus) then I completed Section A in a day or two in December of 6th year... took a long break (I'm the worst procrastinator!) and started Section B in March of 6th year (but once I put my mind to it I also got that done in a few nights after school!) :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement