Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best delivery restaurants in Dublin city?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

We are looking for A restaurant that offers big portions of food.
    Thaks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

xsizo wrote: »
    We are looking for A restaurant that offers big portions of food.
    Thaks

Any particular kind of food? Where in Dublin? tis a pretty big place

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭xsizo

Dublin 2-8 anything will do

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

Hi - You might consider checking out http://www.just-eat.ie/ -- with luck, you could stumble across some ideas.

penana wrote: »
    Hi - You might consider checking out http://www.just-eat.ie/ -- with luck, you could stumble across some ideas.

Oh snap, how come I didn't know about this website. Is it legit though? Planning on using my laser card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Oh snap, how come I didn't know about this website. Is it legit though? Planning on using my laser card.

Last 4 times I tried that website they never delivered and still took the charge from my card i've been emailing them and writing to them sense with no response. i suspect it is a fake website taking money.

• Advertisement

Nah you fraudin' man, they are legit. I talked with them on the online chat thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I use them regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

tunedout wrote: »
    Last 4 times I tried that website they never delivered and still took the charge from my card i've been emailing them and writing to them sense with no response. i suspect it is a fake website taking money.

I could understand you getting done twice but why did you try them again 3rd and 4th time ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I could understand you getting done twice but why did you try them again 3rd and 4th time ?

there's 4 different websites on the restaurant and i tried all 4 of them. for the 3rd and 4th order i only tried €10 and €20 orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

there's 4 different websites on the restaurant and i tried all 4 of them. for the 3rd and 4th order i only tried €10 and €20 orders.

That would probably be down to the restaurant then. I've regularly used it for the last 3 years without issue.

• Advertisement

I can safely tell you that JustEat are legit, my place uses them for orders. Tunedout, your issue should be with the restaurant as well as justeat, they're the ones that never delivered it.

The only issue is, Justeat aren't going to tell you how good or bad a place is. There are some shockers on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

there's 4 different websites on the restaurant

So it wasn't just-eat all of those 4 times then?

Just-eat is very reputable, and has very good customer care.
    One time a restaurant declined my order, and I got a phone call two minutes later from just-eat. They had rang up the restaurant to see what the issue was (restaurant had a back-log of orders) and called me to see if I wanted to re-order.

I was very impressed to see that they monitor all the orders going through the site and follow up on any that don't go through properly.

Anyway, OP you could try one of the all-you-can-eat buffets in town (Jimmy Chung's on the quays is spoken well of. Mongolian BBQ in temple bar as well). Obviously the quality of the food isn't as good, but you can have as big a portion as you want!

Don't go to Jimmy Chungs, its awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

MarkMc wrote: »
    Don't go to Jimmy Chungs, its awful.
    agreed. Its the pits

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Dublin 2-8 anything will do

Saba and Neon are two restaurants in the area that I have eaten in and liked. I work in the area and a friend also lives near Neon. They both offer a delivery service (which I have never used as I don't live nearby myself) but I like the food in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've had issues with orders placed at Just Eat not being delivered. However it's purely down to my own stupidity/eagerness to get a Lamb Madras or Special Chow Mein inside me. By default the delivery option is 'collection & pay online' and not 'delivery & pay online' which is what I was assuming it was.

They're definitely legit and are a big company internationally.

Advertisement