Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loan non payment decision

Options
  • 18-12-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I recently took out an unsecured bank loan from the AIB for almost 20k to pay some taxes I owed. Im in dire financial difficulties now and dont think I can make their repayments which are over 400 pm. In fact fter going through the reserve I had I cant afford even a tenth of that. The main reason Im in such trouble is I have a large mortgage repayment every month that I took out on an overseas property in the good times. So it really comes down to not paying that mortgage and losing the property or not making my loan repayments. I feel terrible as I have good credit and have paid back every bank and credit union loan all my life. I have a steady job thankfully but a family also so am only barely making ends meet as it is. Cant find anybody to talk to about this problem either, mabs only deal with debt issues originating in this country. Any advice is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Let the overseas property go if you can't afford it and repay the loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

AIB recently let you take out an unsecured 20k loan. :eek:

Sorry, but what the hell?

Advertisement