Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandy hook ref in batman movie + father caught 'acting'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Jonny7 wrote: »
    You quoted a 43 year old University shooting, not what I'd call a relevant comparison, but hey whatever.

Yes correct in response to this
    A good rule of thumb that you ought to keep in mind... if you can publicly criticise your government without fear, you're free.

You bring in pearl harbor and Im the one making the wrong comparison .... laughable but keep em coming :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Some of the posts on this thread are just utter lunacy.

Not just lunacy but sheer offensive, insensitive and ugly.

I used to think the most vile posts could be found on some of the more fervent religious threads but some of the posters here really plumb the depths.

And then there's that whiff of anti-semitism. What a dark, disturbing fantasy world the conspiracy theorists inhabit.

old hippy wrote: »

I used to think the most vile posts could be found on some of the more fervent religious threads but some of the posters here really plumb the depths.

And then there's that whiff of anti-semitism. What a dark, disturbing fantasy world the conspiracy theorists inhabit.

Yawnnn

weisses wrote: »
    Yawnnn

Yes, the real world where bad things happen and not always with a cunning scheme behind them must be such a bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

weisses wrote: »
    You bring in pearl harbor and Im the one making the wrong comparison .... laughable but keep em coming :o

Weisse.. I was poking fun at your comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

And then there's that whiff of anti-semitism.

If you want to accuse anyone of being anti-semitic, why not be a man and just do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Meanwhile, others possess a bright and promising future with the status quo..

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Weisse.. I was poking fun at your comparison.

Do you see me laughing ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Daithi 1 wrote: »

If you have something to say, feel free to say it without masking it. Freedom of speech and what have you. Don't worry, no baton charges (this time).

G thanks.
    By definition, everyone is a conspiracy theorist on some level.
    So I guess we all inhabit a dark, disturbing fantasy world.

• Advertisement

Duiske wrote: »
    If you want to accuse anyone of being anti-semitic, why not be a man and just do it ?

I think you all know who you are.

The real world has light and darkness. It doesn't need to embellish, speculate and promote untruths and pointing fingers at innocent parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Sadly in this particular false dichotomy, the alternative your presenting is that it is noble to labour under the delusion that inventing flimsy narratives to explain how nothing is as it seems is the work of brave truth seekers.

Not sure why you'd do that, to be honest

Thought as much.

Thought as much.

I suggest you read over this thread again, very closely. Apply your thought processes to it and read between the lines. Aren't you people supposed to be good at picking up subliminal messages?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Thought as much.
    Y'know I get the impression that there are people who really wish there was racist/anti-semetic people here. It soothes their cognitive dissonance I think. As there isn't - the only people (other than 1 new/banned poster) - that ever speaking negatively about Jewish people (as a group) are the so-called debunkers with idiotic references to Jewish-Lizard kings and other variations are self-appointed debunkers. It's a convenient strawman for them.

I've been accused here many times of anti-semitism. On each occasion I've simply asked them to specifically state why. They never can, just like Old Hippy is doing right now.

I suggest you read over this thread again, very closely. Apply your thought processes to it and read between the lines. Aren't you people supposed to be good at picking up subliminal messages?
    :rolleyes: Typical.

I suggest that if you are going to make accusations and generalise you have the backbone to support what you say.

:rolleyes: Typical.

So there's no posts here, blaming zionism/Israel or the Jews?

Not even a hint of?

I suggest you read over this thread again, very closely. Apply your thought processes to it and read between the lines.

No thanks. As you made the accusation of anti-semitism, it's up to you to back it up.
    old hippy wrote:
    Aren't you people supposed to be good at picking up subliminal messages?

And aren't you people always calling on others to back up their claims with evidence or admit they are wrong ?

• Advertisement

Not even a hint of?
    ey? What has "blaming Zionism/Israel" got to do with ANTI-SEMITISM???

You'll have to be more specific. "Blaming Jews" doesn't really mean anything. Jews do break the law etc just like anyone else.

No thanks. As you made the accusation of anti-semitism, it's up to you back it up.

And aren't you people always calling on others to back up their claims with evidence or admit they are wrong ?

The post with the clip blaming "the Jews in Hollywood" springs to mind. Post 288.

And your evidence is....
    The post with the clip blaming "the Jews in Hollywood" springs to mind. Post 288.

...a youtube video of some randomer from the US. OK. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Good summary video on the Parker Family and their "missing" Daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Not even a hint of?

Hey now, Brown bomber is very careful never to make the distinction between Jews and Zionists.
    Until someone points this out then he's outraged that nobody picked up on the very important distinction he didn't make.

He's not anti-semitic though. He's just very well read on this particular subject, to the point where he abandons nuance.

Which is understandable. I mean, who'd waste precious seconds making an important distinction that would save them having to act the martyr at a later date...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

From reading through this thread, it would strongly appear that you need a more vivid imagination to support the theory that this "shooting" wasn't staged than to accept that it was staged.

Then again, whenever somthing that is obviously just "wrong" gets dragged to the ground as a "conspiracy theory", it gets dismissed. Time then passes, as with kennedys shooting, the truth actually gets accepted and it's no longer worth the effort to keep "the story" going, but still no-one cares. At that stage, it's history, and sure who cares about history.

Hey now, Brown bomber is very careful never to make the distinction between Jews and Zionists.
    That is total bollox. I have always and will always make the distinction. Only a fool couldn't or wouldn't.
    I really, really didn't want to get into ideologies. Zionism is not Judaism. Some of the biggest Zionists in the US are the Christian Right whilst some of the leading anti-zionists are religious Jews.
    Israel is by definition a racist/apartheid state but that doesn't mean every Jew or even Israeli supports racism or apartheid. Many of the leading voices against Israeli state racism are Jewish
    Your confusing Judaism (religion)with Zionism (Facist ideology). There are many more Christian Zionists in America that there are Jewish Zionists in the whole world. So quite clearly it is not an issue of religion.
    Zionists can be range from atheists to Ultra-orthodox to gentiles. Most of Israel's founders were secular, there is religious Zionism though. Likud are secular for example. Their extremism stems from their ultra-nationalism. Their religion is the state.
    I just wanted to make the point that this guy Adler doesn't represent Jewry. The Jewish communinty in the US has condemned his hateful ramblings. This kind of pro-terror/violence stance would be comparable to the Kahanists, the kind of people who celebrated Yitzak Rabin's assaination.

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Good summary video on the Parker Family and their "missing" Daughter.

As per usual, ROFL.

Gumbi wrote: »
    As per usual, ROFL.
    Could you explain the hilarity. I don't really understand the Obama photo with the family of the girl who was supposedly dead after the attack. Can you explain that?

• Advertisement

^ It is very strange indeed. At first I thought obviously is was 2 different girls with the same dress, could easily happen being from the same town, same stores etc.. but side by sides in photoshop show it is the same girl. :confused:

Advertisement