Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandy hook ref in batman movie + father caught 'acting'

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    And a webcam and mic.
    I occasionally add this in .... :D .... or if I'm feeling generous the pacman thing..... :pac: ..... but I can let you on a little secret (I never actually laugh), but I did just now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

This is what's spreading like wildfire in facebook..

JzJL4.jpg
    Then there is this, The Phelps...

4.bp.blogspot.com

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but the child in the arms has very strange fingers (saw it mentioned on another site):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

deelite wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here but the child in the arms has very strange fingers (saw it mentioned on another site):D

Yeah she had devil hands. :)

Anyway it doesnt matter coz this fella has cracked the case wide open. Game over skeptoids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

And a webcam and mic.

+1 - very hard to give any credence to anything uttered in that thick hick drawl

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Yeah she had devil hands. :)

Anyway it doesnt matter coz this fella has cracked the case wide open. Game over skeptoids :D

Sounds like Steve Carell!

It's amazing how many in the YT comments are actually buying this sh1t!

• Advertisement

A communication professor known for conspiracy theories has stirred controversy at Florida Atlantic University with claims that last month's Newtown, Conn., school shootings did not happen as reported — or may not have happened at all.

https://www.google.ie/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=James+Tracy+fau+conspiracy&oq=James+Tracy+fau+conspiracy&gs_l=hp.3...2314.14669.0.16080.16.16.0.0.0.0.108.920.15j1.16.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1j2.1bvOvHDivpE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.ZG4&fp=ce8c5608ad186de0&biw=1280&bih=675

This is interesting. Regarding the batman connection. Imagine a prop guy in the Dark Knight Rises movie was instructed to change the name on the map to Sandy Hook by some head honcho. Then, they'd want this guy out of the way, possibly.

Well, it turns out a prop guy for the movie is from Newtown of all places and is currently brown bread. He was in a car crash last April, he was described as conscious and alert his injuries were said to be non life threatening, with some broken bones, yet, he ends up toast.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Newtown-man-dies-in-Stamford-accident-3465225.php#src=fb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

This is interesting. Regarding the batman connection. Imagine a prop guy in the Dark Knight Rises movie was instructed to change the name on the map to Sandy Hook by some head honcho. Then, they'd want this guy out of the way, possibly.

Well, it turns out a prop guy for the movie is from Newtown of all places and is currently brown bread. He was in a car crash last April, he was described as conscious and alert his injuries were said to be non life threatening, with some broken bones, yet, he ends up toast.
    http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Newtown-man-dies-in-Stamford-accident-3465225.php#src=fb

Not really - sandy hook as a location in the Nolanverse gotham (god, comics are complicated sometimes) long pre dates DKR, so it's highly unlikely that anyone would need a "prop guy" to change it.
    in fact I believe Nolan himself named that place way back in the "Batman: Gotham Knight" DVD which branches Batman Begins and TDK.

Also, dying like that isn't exactly unusual - it's how my mother died. She'd been in a small crash like that, turns out she'd had an aneurysm and they didn't catch it as the complaints of head pain were in keeping with being in a car accident.

Basically, peoples conditions can worsen after a crash, it's totally a thing.

Not really - sandy hook as a location in the Nolanverse gotham (god, comics are complicated sometimes) long pre dates DKR, so it's highly unlikely that anyone would need a "prop guy" to change it.
    in fact I believe Nolan himself named that place way back in the "Batman: Gotham Knight" DVD which branches Batman Begins and TDK.

Also, dying like that isn't exactly unusual - it's how my mother died. She'd been in a small crash like that, turns out she'd had an aneurysm and they didn't catch it as the complaints of head pain were in keeping with being in a car accident.

Basically, peoples conditions can worsen after a crash, it's totally a thing.

Sandy Hook only appeared on the Gotham Map for the Dark Knight rises film afaik, never before.

EDIT:

To big to embed....

Yup, used to be called South Hinkley. SH

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/nr50cf4916.jpg

http://batmangothamcity.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Gotham-map-Dark-Knight.jpg

And Tricorner.

http://www.eliotrbrown.com/artwork/0001.jpg

RE-Edit:

Self confessed map freak here states is was South Hinkley up until DNR.
    This article on FirstShowing.net points to the Gotham City Rail site, part of the viral marketing for The Dark Knight, Nolan's follow-up to Batman Begins. The site includes an interactive map of Gotham's subway lines, and is evidently part of an Alternate Reality Game tied into the marketing campaign.

http://www.chrisroberson.net/2008/05/mapping-gotham.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Sandy Hook only appeared on the Gotham Map for the Dark Knight rises film afaik, never before.

Nope, it's in Batman: Gotham Knight, see here

Sandy hook is South hinkly (and occasionally lower Gotham).
    It's kind of analogous to south Manhattan, around battery park and such.

I'll try and rewatch it soon and pick out which story it's in. I think it's "Field Test" but i may well be wrong.

• Advertisement

Nope, it's in Batman: Gotham Knight, see here

Sandy hook is South hinkly (and occasionally lower Gotham).
    It's kind of analogous to south Manhattan, around battery park and such.

I'll try and rewatch it soon and pick out which story it's in. I think it's "Field Test" but i may well be wrong.

That's animation. So DNR is the first Batman Movie to use Sandy Hook. Still, I suppose that rules out the prop guy theory..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭gibraltar

This is interesting. Regarding the batman connection. Imagine a prop guy in the Dark Knight Rises movie was instructed to change the name on the map to Sandy Hook by some head honcho.

ok but kind of dumb as the prop department does not have anything to do with what your talking about, I think you mean set design.

Also why do you think that the "head honcho" bypassed every other person involved in the production of the movie to deal directly with this one person?

Well, it turns out a prop guy for the movie is from Newtown of all places and is currently brown bread. [/url]

A prop guy died (last april) ... if only he had anything to do with getting a specific scene into the final cut of one of the biggest movies of the year.
    He was in a car crash last April, he was described as conscious and alert his injuries were said to be non life threatening, with some broken bones, yet, he ends up toast. ]

So last April the powers that be decided to kill off this guy for some reason, leaving a few hundred other directly employed prop staff and probably a few thousand contracted employees of ancillary companies with the same level of involvement alive, why are all the others allowed to live?

Also why do you think its to do with TDKR and not Masters of sex? or any of the other projects Scott Getzinger worked on over the last 19 years?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004050/

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

gibraltar wrote: »

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

I already stated the prop guy theory is ruled out a post ago.

Sorry my reply wasn't more exciting and you are not to disappointed.

Thanks.

I already stated the prop guy theory is ruled out a post ago.

Sorry my reply wasn't more exciting and you are not to disappointed.

Thanks.

No need to apologize, out of curiosity can you explain what made your change your mind about the prop guy?

To go from posting queries about him to dismissing theories about him so quickly seems like a significant change, can i ask what caused this?

No need to apologize, out of curiosity can you explain what made your change your mind about the prop guy?

To go from posting queries about him to dismissing theories about him so quickly seems like a significant change, can i ask what caused this?

Well, it's all in posts above. The prop guy wouldn't have been a target because was told to put Sandy Hook on the map, if Sandy Hook was already on the map since 2008 in Gotham Knight.

Well, it's all in posts above. The prop guy wouldn't have been a target because was told to put Sandy Hook on the map, if Sandy Hook was already on the map since 2008 in Gotham Knight.

OK but what changed your mind from being convinced enough to post a theory about it being true to dismissing the possibility so quickly?

OK but what changed your mind from being convinced enough to post a theory about it being true to dismissing the possibility so quickly?

I was never convinced about it.
    It was simply a theory I threw together in 2 minutes for entertainment purposes, that's all. I'm not convinced by any theories on this thread tbh.

Remember I said...
    This is interesting. Regarding the batman connection. Imagine a prop guy in the Dark Knight Rises movie was instructed

Heres an update on the FAU professor who claims there is a conspiracy in Sandy Hook. Kinda surprised to see this on MSM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

I'll just leave this here.

603262_522388857782308_1813333629_n.jpg

^ Was posted.

We been taking the p1ss with this...

rixe2g.png

• Advertisement

Raw heli footage,previously unseen with minimal action..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Sixtus

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/09/the_worst_sandy_hook_conspiracy_theory_yet/
    But in the crazy world of Sandy Hook conspiracy theories, this one may be the worst yet. (Maybe you’ve already heard some of the others, like the one about fantasy ties between the gunman’s family and the LIBOR banking scandal and a related theory about the Aurora shooting and the “Dark Knight Rises.”) Most of the theories are really pieces of a larger meta-theory: that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, perhaps by the Obama administration, designed to stir demand for gun control.
    In the latest angle, theorists think they have found “absolute proof” of a conspiracy to defraud the American people. “You reported in December that this little girl had been killed,” a reader emailed Salon in response to a story. “She has been found, and photographed with President Obama.”
    The girl in question is Emilie Parker, a 6-year-old who was shot multiple times and killed at Sandy Hook. But for conspiracy theorists, the tears her family shed at her funeral, the moving eulogy from Utah’s governor, and the entire shooting spree are fake. Welcome to the world where Sandy Hook didn’t really happen.
    There are dozens of websites, blog posts and YouTube videos extolling the Emilie Parker hoax theory. If you Google her name, the very first result is a post mocking her father for crying at a press conference after the shooting. One popular video, which already has 134,000 views, was made by the producers of a popular 9/11 Truther film. “Just as the movie ‘Operation Terror’ shows the 9/11 attacks were a made-for-TV event, so too were the mass shootings … There can be no doubt that Sandy Hook was a staged event,” the narrator intones. He goes on to say that the adults who participated in the media coverage of the shootings “should be prosecuted as accessories after the fact in a mass murder” — i.e., the parents whose children were murdered in the massacre should be thrown in prison.
    The crux of the theory is a photograph of Parker’s sister sitting on President Obama’s lap when he visited with the victims’ families. The girl is wearing the same dress Emilie wore in a pre-shooting photograph of the family shared with media, so she must be Emilie, alive and well. “BAM! I cannot believe how idiot these people are [sic]… That’s her,” one YouTuber exclaims as he watches the two images superimposed on each other. (Apparently missed by these crack investigators is the possibility that the sister wore Emilie’s dress and that they look alike because they are sisters, after all.)
    The supporting details to the hoax theory explanation are reminiscent of the arcana of any well-developed conspiracy theory. What about the car? What about the rifle? Why does someone off camera allegedly tell Parker’s father to “read the Card” (as in a cue card) before he goes on CNN? Why is he laughing? Who is the guy running into the woods? Why is there police audio referring to multiple shooters? Why does one boy who survived the shooting tell Dr. Oz it was like “a drill”? Why was the principal quoted by a local paper after she died? Why do some of the parents look like some of the victims of the Aurora shooting — are they “all actors”? All of these questions have simple explanations, but in each case, the theorists have sided more with less likely, but more nefarious possibilities.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/09/the_worst_sandy_hook_conspiracy_theory_yet/

Real really distasteful people.

I never thought any of that sh1t. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Heres an update on the FAU professor who claims there is a conspiracy in Sandy Hook. Kinda surprised to see this on MSM. ....

Yeah its good to see, although the news presenter flagged the item by using the words "conspiracy theory" in her introduction. That means it wouldn't be taken seriously by most viewers. I've noticed these conspiracy news stories are sometimes used as fillers in news programmes. It's similar to the way ITN and BBC used to use " .... and finally ..." to end a news programme with a frivolous or amusing item.

Oracle wrote: »

Yeah its good to see, although the news presenter flagged the item by using the words "conspiracy theory" in her introduction. That means it wouldn't be taken seriously by most viewers. I've noticed these conspiracy news stories are sometimes used as fillers in news programmes. It's similar to the way ITN and BBC used to use " .... and finally ..." to end a news programme with a frivolous or amusing item.

They didnt call you 'oracle' for nothong.

How dare this professor have an opinion of his own while on taxpayers money. It's sickening and beyond comprehension. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Sixtus

I never thought any of that sh1t. :rolleyes:

Was that directed at you?

Nearly everything in the article has been discussed or linked to already on this thread.
    How dare this professor have an opinion of his own while on taxpayers money. It's sickening and beyond comprehension. pacman.gif

And how dare Anderson Cooper have an opinion on this professors opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Looks like this professor is being set up as a type of Straw Man. He can be depicted by the media as an insensitive intellectual, out of touch and crazy. Then turned into a national hate figure and discredited, thereby neutralising the hoax theory completely.

I like the way Anderson Cooper says " .... his name is James Tracy, here's what he looks like ... " as if he's wanted for bank robbery and on the run. I suppose balanced neutral reporting went out the window a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Oracle wrote: »
    Looks like this professor is being set up as a type of Straw Man. He can be depicted by the media as an insensitive intellectual, out of touch and crazy. Then turned into a national hate figure and discredited, thereby neutralising the hoax theory completely.

I like the way Anderson Cooper says " .... his name is James Tracy, here's what he looks like ... " as if he's wanted for bank robbery and on the run. I suppose balanced neutral reporting went out the window a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Yup, it's a conspiracy. Media and government working together. They're hiding something and trying to nip this in the bud. Big risk bringing this to mainstream, possibly adding momentum and numbers to the conspiracy theories.

They're using the same tactics as Sixtus and Peirs Morgan. Standing on the graves of the dead kids. Demonising, guilt tripping those who ask questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Yup, it's a conspiracy. Media and government working together. They're hiding something and trying to nip this in the bud. Big risk bringing this to mainstream, possibly adding momentum and numbers to the conspiracy theories.

They're using the same tactics as Sixtus and Peirs Morgan. Standing on the graves of the dead kids. Demonising, guilt tripping those who ask questions.

Hard to tell where the piss-taking ends and the embellishing of the conspiracy theory begins in this one ;)

Advertisement