Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Homes

Options
  • 19-12-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is the nursing homes industry profitable in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrJM

Not really anymore, unless you're setup in a good location, nurses cost alot more now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Hi,

Does anybody know how much do nursing homes charge for one patient on average in Dublin?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Very good quality South Dublin home will cost around Euro 72K per annum all in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Peterdalkey, very expensive! I am in shock, tbh!
    I heard that state pay for most expenses, something like around 90%, rest is paid by relatives. Is it truth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

S.R. wrote: »
    Peterdalkey, very expensive! I am in shock, tbh!
    I heard that state pay for most expenses, something like around 90%, rest is paid by relatives. Is it truth?

I know the price is correct for a private room in the home my mum was in until she passed away nearly a year ago. Under "Fair Dea"l the state may pay a contribution but the scheme is quite copmplex with various means/asset tests to be passed. The scheme is not always open for new applicants due to funding shortages. You will get more info under care forums on Boards.ie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement