Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Wildcard Round

Options
  • 19-12-2012 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers

Chicago Bears @ Carolina Panthers

AFC

New England Patriots @ Kansas City Chiefs

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Best of luck to all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ok Etlovelsd, when suits? I can do tomorrow night between 7 and 9 and after 11 30 but not too late. Any of those suit? Should be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

What's the timeframe for these?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good luck to all.

I think ASAP mikey, it would be fantastic to get the SB done before xmas but that may be a little to optimistic given a lot of people will probably be in the pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What's the timeframe for these?

5 days again. But obviously if for some reason someone couldn't play for a day or two it'd be accommodated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Pats @ Chiefs.

Dave I can do Wednesady after 10pm. Thursday after 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

MadAliG, what time will you be about today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Wednesday after 2200 is good. What ever time suits.
    Since it is the festive season I will even tell you my game plan. You will need to double cover everybody bar the TE #87. That guy is a useless lump who is being cut in the off season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ok Etlovelsd, when suits? I can do tomorrow night between 7 and 9 and after 11 30 but not too late. Any of those suit? Should be a good one!

7 would be great. Traffic has been a shamble going home the last 2 nights so I have been late. I'll post here as soon as I'm home

Wednesday after 2200 is good. What ever time suits.
    Since it is the festive season I will even tell you my game plan. You will need to double cover everybody bar the TE #87. That guy is a useless lump who is being cut in the off season :D
    :pac: Wednesday after 22:00, see you then !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What time are the Bears good for? I can do rest of today if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

matthew8 wrote: »
    What time are the Bears good for? I can do rest of today if you want.

Two o clock

Two o clock

I'll be on.

etloveslsd wrote: »

7 would be great. Traffic has been a shamble going home the last 2 nights so I have been late. I'll post here as soon as I'm home

No bother, might be finished a bit later then 7 myself. Have exams to study for and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Good luck to All! Disappointed I'm not there but sure always next season...

Wish there was a way to spectate or see highlights!!

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Good luck to All! Disappointed I'm not there but sure always next season...

Wish there was a way to spectate or see highlights!!

It would be great alright. I'd imagine someone will write decent reports on all the matches once they're finished.

0-0 in the first quarter of the Bears Panther game.

Panthers take the lead 7-0 but on the chat are complaining of lag making a farce of the game.

Bears pull it back to 7-3 before the end of the 2nd quarter and with not long left they move into the no huddle offence to try and score again before the end of the half.

The Bears manage to score and its 10-7 going in at half time.

Well into the 3rd and the Panthers strike back to go 14-10 up.

Bears take the lead with only a few minutes left. 14-17 to the bears.

BEARS WIN 17-14.

Unlucky Matthew

Did Ben change the quarter length to 10 minutes for the playoffs ?

Berty44 wrote: »
    Did Ben change the quarter length to 10 minutes for the playoffs ?

No.

Basically what happened was I punted, then paddy drove downfield and Gamble made an interception in the endzone. Cam threw for a 5 yard TD. Then the Bears got a FG. Panthers punted but Bears went 94 yards for a TD, finishing with a 60 yard Hester catch and run in which 2 Panthers defenders stumbled massively to put the Bears up 10-7 at HT. After an interception on the first drive of the 2nd half for Gamble, Cam threw another 5 yard TD pass. The Bears went on a very long drive, with lots of awful defensive 3rd down plays (I wish I blitzed more) and Marshall caught a 16 yard TD pass on 3rd and goal. Edwards appeared to be open on the Bears 20 with 3 minutes to go, but Urlacher picked it off with a big leap. The Bears got a first down, and with 2 minutes left, went for a pass on second down to ice the game, me holding no timeouts. Cutler was sacked and the ball was stripped, but an OL fell on it (fumbles are really a joke with players always falling over each other, Stewart had one stripped but 4 Bears players fell into themselves and a Panthers OL picked it up seconds after earlier in the game), the Bears completed a pass and that was that.

Moral of the story for next year: Pass more. Ran the ball far too much.

I definitely changed the quarter time last night when I advanced it. Strange that it didn't register :confused: Will do it again about 5.

No bother, might be finished a bit later then 7 myself. Have exams to study for and all that.

Actually mate might not be around this evening after all. I'll let you know if I'm still here. If not let me know when else you're free

• Advertisement

Actually mate might not be around this evening after all. I'll let you know if I'm still here. If not let me know when else you're free

Exam study panic has set in :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »

Exam study panic has set in :pac:

Yeah, the meltdown has begun early this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Exams take priority, I'm home now, so pm me if you can play this evening. If not I'm good any evening this week and have no plans for Saturday yet.

Alternatively, to announce your forfeiture, you need to take out a front page spread of the Baltimore Sun declaring us the Kings of AFC North and the photo should be of James Harrison standing over a prone and broken Ray Rice howling in celebration.

You have my terms.

Tom Brady had a nightmare as the Patriots playoff dream came to a shuddering halt in Kansas. 6 interceptions of The Golden Boy saw the Chiefs run up a big advantage. The Patriots did manage a pair of TD's but it was all too late as the Chiefs ran out 44-14 victors.

A disappointing end to the season for Pats coach Dave should be put in context. Only 3 wins in all of last year's Madden to making the playoffs in the first season of an improved league is a fantastic achievement.

Hard luck Dave, my DB's played inspired stuff tonight. Great chatting. Best of luck in the draft and for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Raoul wrote: »
    MadAliG, what time will you be about today?

I should be able to play anytime today, if I can get up the stairs after my torn meniscus op yesterday! Bloody six weeks in a leg brace is not gonna be fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

is that from flag alig?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Aye, Berty fair trounced me. His secondary were giving me no help at all. Six picks and Gronk didn't even have a single reception. He got subbed in at FB out of the I at the one yard line to flip over everybody for six. In retrospect I probably should have let the fb take it for his goals or progression :
    As he said though, I reached the playoffs and that is a huge improvement from last year so I can't complain to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

is that from flag alig?

No football, don't think there is any American football played up here in the sticks.

Due to the first two results, the fixtures are sorted for the Divisional:

AFC

Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets

Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

NFC

Chicago Bears @ Washington Redskins

New Orleans Saints/San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers

Chiefs-Jags look like a cracker :D

• Advertisement

I am atrociously hungover, just about have the will to live at this stage. But I don't think i will get a chance to play this any time other than today. Would in about 40 mins suit?

Advertisement