Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Wildcard Round

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ok

Tough game this one Saints run it whilst the niners throw it. Brees has a rating of 18.8 and wins. 17-17 I get the ball back around my 20 with 1.47 on the clock and two timeouts all I need is a field goal to progress, call a toss play and before it gets into Gores hands its intercepted and ran in! I .........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

This remind you of last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Saints get away with it! 27-17.

Neither D's were really able to do too much the entire game. Not a lot to talk about really, Saints rushed all game (not the original gameplan but a lack of ability to concentrate meant I didn't want to pass too much) and the combination of Sproles and Thomas racked up over 300 yards I think. Brees only had 44 yards passing. For the 49ers it was all about Vernon Davis, Saints just couldn't stop him. Think he finished up with nearly 200 yards.

Outside of the 2 minute warning, game is level, Saints have it in the 49ers red zone, despite running it all game, I noticed that Colston didn't seem to be marked so I though quick pass get it out to him and he will get a TD. Well to my surprise as soon as I pressed the button the 49ers linebacker dropped back and made a great pick. Now the Saints had to stop the 49ers from getting into field goal range.

I must mention right before that play, Saint's running back fumbled but Saints were able to fall on it.

Now for the game deciding play. 49ers decide to HB pitch it, my linebacker was blitzing, breaks through the D line, Alex Smith pitches it to Gore but in steps Robinson for an INT (or does it count as a fumble?) and strolls into the endzone.

That made it 24-17, 49ers couldn't get anything going on offense, go for it on 4th down. Saints were able to run down the clock and kicked the FG to make sure that the 49ers couldn't come back even though they only had 12 seconds left on the clock.

It was an enjoyable game and not a great way to win to be honest. MadAliG has improved so much since I last played him and I have no doubt he will be back in the playoffs next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My Controller would be gone through the TV if I lost a game because of an interception on a Toss play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Et, I will be around on Friday evening afaik so i'll play then if you're around :) I may be hungover, but that didn't hold Raoul back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    My Controller would be gone through the TV if I lost a game because of an interception on a Toss play.

Yeah, it was a bit awkward didn't know whether to celebrate or what. I had actually said earlier on in the game, that I had been getting close to intercepting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a bit awkward didn't know whether to celebrate or what. I had actually said earlier on in the game, that I had been getting close to intercepting them.

Was it thrown to a side where there was no TE?

SantryRed wrote: »

Was it thrown to a side where there was no TE?
    I think so. it was the qb's left. i didnt see him coming not that i could have stopped it happening.

No sacks in this game which is rare too. Crabtree is going for catching lessons during off season!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Et, I will be around on Friday evening afaik so i'll play then if you're around :) I may be hungover, but that didn't hold Raoul back!

Yeah cool. Stop with the excuses, just call the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Think I got one of them in the regular season can't remember who was the victim though. Lost a few before too not nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

when will all this wildcard and superbowl malarky be over with so we can settle down for far more important matters....... The Regular Season :P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

when will all this wildcard and superbowl malarky be over with so we can settle down for far more important matters....... The Regular Season :P.
    Even more important than the regular season..... The off season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Even more important than the regular season..... The off season.

Well with my squad, thats something i'm not looking forward to :eek:

I'm looking forward to ditching most of my so-called secondary onto free agency and starting afresh.

I'm looking forward to ditching most of my so-called secondary onto free agency and starting afresh.

Does this include mr.Fairly?

No, though if you want to trade for member of my D-Line I'm open to that. Don't know why you would given the team you have and the fact you run a 3-4 and my guys are all more suited to a 4-3.

Because in a nickel formation, Williams/Thomas step in and I need someone to replace them who can penetrate the line. Also my DT rarely gets through ATM also.

etloveslsd wrote: »

Yeah cool. Stop with the excuses, just call the paper.

Let me know when you're around this evening.

Will you be able to start around 8 30 et?

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Will you be able to start around 8 30 et?

Yeah grand, just in the door now.

Yeah grand, just in the door now.

Just eating, so may be 15 mins. Cya then

Steelers and Ravens serve up a shoot out as the Steelers come out on top 52-35. Not a typical AFC North game here with the game ending up with over 1000 offensive yards.

Neither defence can be proud of this one as the whole game produce only 6 punts. Big Ben continued his good form this season finishing the game with a rating of 127, 464 yards, 4tds and 2 picks. His top target all season Mike Wallace had a great game with 114 yards and a td

As mentioned the Ravens offence had a stormer too. Torrey Smith was a beast with 191 yards and 2 tds. Ray Rice tormented the usually stout Steeler rush D with 125 yards. He just couldn't punch it into the end zone.

Joe Flacco threw for 295 yards and 3 tds in what could be his last game in Baltimore. The outspoken self confessed "elite" QB has turned down the Ravens offers, to test free agency. Will The Ravens tag him? If not where will he go? Another team has a purple jersey ready to fit him, or will it be Brown?

The story of the game though was Jerious Norwood, the free agent who was picked up last week after The Browns broke Chris Rainey's collarbone. The former Falcon came in and rushed for 125 yards on 13 carries and caught 2 passes for 97 yards and 4 tds!!!!! It's safe to say the Steelers won't let him back into free agency.

The Ravens now enter the off season with doubts over their quarterback while their bitter rivals head to New York for a rematch with the unbeaten number 1 seed Jets (sounds weird to me too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

The Ravens now enter the off season with doubts over their quarterback while their bitter rivals head to New York for a rematch with the unbeaten number 1 seed Jets (sounds weird to me too)
    Don't worry, this is all part of the Pats long term game plan. Let Dave go undefeated for two seasons, then when he is getting complacent pow!Right in the kisser. He will only win by 15 instead of 30.

Good write up Etlovelsd. Look forward to our two games next season! Best of luck for the rest of the playoffs. Also good report on the Flacco situation, if he goes I might have to pick Byron Leftwich up! That would be a bizarre turn of events.

Advertisement