Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim 2013

Options
  • 19-12-2012 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Arctic monkeys, the killers and queens of the Stone Age for the first announcement!
    Not bad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

What date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yesssss! Was worried it would be called off, thank feck for that, and what a great first 3 bands!! Can't wait to see the Arctic Monkeys live. Killers will be nice too. Feck it QOTSA are savage also. Brilliant news!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

From the official FIB page today -
    La organización de FIB no ha confirmado oficialmente la presencia de ningún artista de cara a la celebración de la edición de 2013.
    Más información próximamente.

+++
    FIB organizers have not oficially confirmed the appearance of any ArtistS for the 2013 edition.
    More info soon.

Hope they dont leave it as late as last year to confirm acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

CWF wrote: »
    What date?
    2004/5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

Im sure I read Beni was in doubt? Think there was money issues with the promoter? Has this been resolved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Anyone have any advice on accommodation for this? Looks like a lot of places are booked out, and when should I buy a festival ticket?

Any help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone have any advice on accommodation for this? Looks like a lot of places are booked out, and when should I buy a festival ticket?

Any help is appreciated!

tickets are 160 euros at the minute until end of march then they go up to 180
    your best to try get accomodation in benicassim itself if you can, we stayed in marina dor last year (bout 10min drive from fest) and was bit of a nightmare wit taxi qs at d end of d nite, d extra u spend on taxis/shuttle buses etc would nearly cover benicassim accomodation.
    ive booked with these for this year http://www.benitravel.com/b2c/index.php?page=pp_productos.php&tipo=1&codf=16&md=1&idioma=2
    this is worth a look too http://4ufestival.eu/epages/ec1258.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ec1258/Categories/FIB
    def worth d extra few bob imo to b closer to the site as u can come and go as u please and have few cheaper drinks in apt if theres bands on u dont like as drinkin all night at the fest can b pricey if u cant sneak it in, plus if your paying for taxis your not gonna wanna b goin back and forth 2r3 times a night

hope this helps, if u wanna know anything else let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Arctic Monkeys named as third headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I went in 2010 and stayed in the campsite right next to the festival.Camping at festivals seems like a daunting enough experience but the facilities there are excellent.There's plenty of shower areas and the porto loos are cleaned every day. There a large tent which sells pizza(junk food)where you can charge your phone etc and there's fruit and general camping supplies stalls.

Were thinking on goin this year and will more than likely be staying in the campsite again this year, its the craic in the campsite that was the most memorable, even more so than the bands themselves.

We met a few people who were staying in apartments but that to me didnt seem great, sure your in the town itself but ur a good twenty minute walk to the gigs and trying to get home at the end of the night looked like a disaster.
    We flew into Barcelona airport from London as i was meeting up with friends, and from their we travelled to Benicassim.

You can also get their by flying to Rues airport or valencia, but make sure you book your train tickets well in advance because they will be packed

Any help is appreciated!

Camping Bonterra is where we stayed twice before, great spot! We have a bungalow booked this year and we might have some spaces if you were interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

I went in 2010 and stayed in the campsite right next to the festival.Camping at festivals seems like a daunting enough experience but the facilities there are excellent.There's plenty of shower areas and the porto loos are cleaned every day. There a large tent which sells pizza(junk food)where you can charge your phone etc and there's fruit and general camping supplies stalls.

Were thinking on goin this year and will more than likely be staying in the campsite again this year, its the craic in the campsite that was the most memorable, even more so than the bands themselves.

We met a few people who were staying in apartments but that to me didnt seem great, sure your in the town itself but ur a good twenty minute walk to the gigs and trying to get home at the end of the night looked like a disaster.
    We flew into Barcelona airport from London as i was meeting up with friends, and from their we travelled to Benicassim.

You can also get their by flying to Rues airport or valencia, but make sure you book your train tickets well in advance because they will be packed
    Hey man thanks for the info!

Just wondering with regards to camping was the morning heat a problem for you? I have just read others who camped saying this was a massive issue. Also did you camp for full 8 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DeadbeatDancer

Bought my ticket last week, can't wait!! I'm a Beni virgin so I'm very excited about having a sun-soaked festival instead of a mud-caked one!

Went in 2010, stayed about a 10 minute drive away in an apartment. 4 of us went so only come to £120 each for the week. Well worth it for the shower and air con during the night.

kingtubby wrote: »
    Hey man thanks for the info!

Just wondering with regards to camping was the morning heat a problem for you? I have just read others who camped saying this was a massive issue. Also did you camp for full 8 days?
    No we only went for the 4 days camping.
    I wont lie to you, the heat in the morning is pretty tough especially inside a tent.Although in saying that we were literally a minutes walk to the showers so that helped alot.

Must have been hard hungover in those tents though? Can imagine it to be like a sauna

Must have been hard hungover in those tents though? Can imagine it to be like a sauna

Surprisingly enough i wasn't that hungover, but yeah waking up in 25 degrees was horrible.I threw the water from the ice cooler over me one morning!

I've done the camping twice and the bungalow twice and if you have the money it's a no brainer. The heat is horrible. Even if you are up til 5am or 6am you will be awake at 8am with the sun beating down on ya. It's handier cos it's nearer, and obviously cheaper. And everyone is in it together so ya push on through. But yeah, it's ****in harsh. You jump in the cold showers, come back to your tent to change,and by the time you are changed you are covered in sweat again cos your tent is a sauna.

No big headliner for the Friday.

Instead it's Primal Scream and Beady Eye as joint headliners. Not sure I'm too pleased about that...

There hasn't being a good line up since 2010 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

You think so? I went to 2010, and though I enjoyed it, I would have much preferred to go in 2011. I would say that's the only one where the lineup is seriously great in recent years, but Beni is an experience for so many other reasons as an international festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

Was considering Beni this year but the lineup is WEAK compared to other years/other festivals

QOTSA and Dizzee are cool. Beady Eye, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, BRMC aint.

Arctic Monkeys and the Scream- I like both but *yawn*

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Anyone know what the ticket situation is? Are they sold out yet? Thinking of getting the 4 day ticket and looking for an apartment near the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cosle

This tread is very quiet! Many people going? Only 2 weeks away. Going for my second time, was there in 2011. Camping in villacamp this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cosle wrote: »
    This tread is very quiet! Many people going? Only 2 weeks away. Going for my second time, was there in 2011. Camping in villacamp this time.

Yea me and 3others heading over next week stopping off in ibiza on the way cant wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nellyisme

Going for the first time with 4 friends, should be great! Just wondering what's the best way to get there from Barcelona, is it handiest to book a bus?

Nellyisme wrote: »
    Going for the first time with 4 friends, should be great! Just wondering what's the best way to get there from Barcelona, is it handiest to book a bus?

Probably handiest to book a bus, that's if you can get one that suits you now, a lot of them are booked out.

http://www.eufest.com/festivals/beni/transport#

Or

https://www.fibshop.com/tickets/en/transports

Or the train

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/

Looking forward to this now, was there last year & enjoyed it that much when we were leaving on the Sunday night we bought earlybird tickets for this year, €125 each!!

Just a heads up...
    Sky Arts 1 this Saturday and Sunday at 9pm there will be Beni highlights. So we can re-live an epic week! :)

Already have my tickets bought for 2014!!

€85 in the pre sale, sure it'd be rude not to!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement